The Last Shot | Teen Ink

The Last Shot

February 7, 2018
By MaddieGrizz SILVER, Lake Isabella, California
MaddieGrizz SILVER, Lake Isabella, California
6 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
Even though I walk through the darkest valley I will fear no evil. Psalm 23:4, For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you, not harm you plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11


The referee blows the whistle, it was a shooting foul. We line up for the two free throws.The referee shouts "two shots." It is a dead even tie between our two teams. The foul is called at the last ten seconds of the game. This is the last chance. You stand along the key...standing... waiting.Surrounded by the opposing team, all you can do is pray for the best. Your job rebound and box out. Hold you breath. Wait for it;wait for it. She shot the first basket, it missed. She shot the next basket. Swish. It's in. The thundering screams of the crowd is ear splitting.

 

Six seconds of the game. The other team calls time out. Coach tells us, "They are going to be going ferociously to score. Do strong defense and do not let them through this game is yours." "Colts on three. One, Two, Three Colts." We do three-two defense. We put our hands up and block. The buzzer blows the deafening blow;and the crowd cheers. 22-23 we had won the game.


The author's comments:

This has been one of the most intense games that I have played in my life it was awesome. I am so grateful for my AMAZING team.