How Sports Are Taking Over the National Anthem | Teen Ink

How Sports Are Taking Over the National Anthem

There are many types of civic issues in the United States and the world. The issue that I'm talking about is kneeing for the national anthem. Many teams and players all over the United States in basketball, hockey, football, baseball, and college football do this tragedy, and its expanding even bigger among the U.S.!!

To start off, this started mainly in football with Colin kaepernick which I'm sure you might know, he made it spread among all of the football teams because if he wasn't doing it it's doubtful that this would have happened. Now it traveled to basketball and hockey but luckily in hockey and basketball they said that If you don't stand then you will get fined for doing this action. Now pretty much this is only happening in the NFL, so the commissioner, should get up there and make a cause that you'll get fined if you do this action.

To end off, President Trump had like a 4 hour rally telling America and the league that this is disrespectful to our flag, the military, and our country. So this is when the NBA and NHL took charge but guess what the NFL is still kneeling and if they don't do something then this is what's going to happen and it's going to affect our country big time. Trump is actually a big help in this case and i think he will fix it.

As you can see kneeling during our national anthem is disrespectful to our flag and our country. Hopefully one day this issue will come to an end and we can watch sports without knowing that they disrespect our country. God bless and hopes for the best to the U.S. and all of the sports leagues.