Kids Under the Age of 14 Shouldn't Play Tackle Football | Teen Ink

Kids Under the Age of 14 Shouldn't Play Tackle Football

By austinstone_2003 BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
austinstone_2003 BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts

Should kids younger than 14 play football? injuries occur all the time in youth football and they can harm you in the future. Broken bones, concussions, and muscle tears occur the most in youth football and cause problems with growth, memory, and arthritis. They should start at 15 because your brain has fully grown. Kids younger than 14 shouldn’t play tackle football.

Kids younger than 14 playing tackle football have a greater risk of breaking bones. Breaking your growth plate can cause them to stop growing. When the kid gets tackled and lands on his wrist he can break his wrist plate and they have wrist issues for the rest of your life.  Between 2001 and 2005, U.S. males of all ages made an estimated 1,063,823 emergency room visits were broken bones related with football. When playing football injuries our broken bones and they our emergencies and you our out of many things sports, school, and activities, these broken bones could really ruin your life.

Getting concussions at young ages can mess your learning and life up. From concussions problems with short term memory and attention can happen. When you get tackled and you hit your head your brain bounces off the inside of your skull and cause concussions.more than 248,000 children visit hospital Emergency departments in 2009 for concussion and other traumatic brain injuries related to sports and recreation. From emergency bills there is a lot of money people can't afford and then they our not able to afford the other things they want.

Muscle tears in your body from football can ruin your future life. Tear in your acl, mcl can cause early arthritis in your body. Arthritis in your body can cause pain which could really be troubles in your future. The tearing of the muscle can also damage small blood vessels, causing local bleeding and pain. Local bleeding you don't know it's coming so it just pops up and then you get pain.

Kids need the experience before they go to high school. Most kids that don't play football when they our 14 and younger don't have the experience for football in later years so they can't have a future in the sport. If kids get injured in the sport when they our younger than 14 their brains our not fully mature and they could not play football for the rest of their life.

Should kids play football at 14 or younger. Injuries occur all the time and they can ruin your future. This may not stop it but it could help and they should not because they have major injuries . Injuries in football need to stop and people need to do something about it .

i wrote this because i have had many injuries do to sports and it interested me.