Basketball is my Favorite Sport | Teen Ink

Basketball is my Favorite Sport

The sport of basketball is known as a fun past time for any person young or old. Basketball is a great way of exercise and a great way to have fun with friends and possibly make some new ones. I love to watch and play the game, basketball is a very entertaining sport and can be played by anyone. Basketball has many negative and positive things about it based on my opinion. Basketball is known as a good pastime in many people’s eyes but can also be seen as a passion for many others.

Basketball in my opinion the best thing I can do with my friends to have fun while burning a few calories. I see basketball as a fun and easy way to have fun rather than sitting on the couch all day playing video games or watching television. One reason I love basketball is because you need only yourself to play the game or, you can play with teammates. I prefer to have others to play with rather than just playing alone. To me there is not only one word that I can describe basketball. You meet tons of people and you are able to play with your friends for hours without getting one thought of boredom. One thing I love about basketball is that people have many different styles of play. There are styles such as a passer, playmaker, shooter, defensive player, and dunker or highflyer. When you play basketball you feel much more confident and makes you not care much about how others think about you. When I possess the ball in basketball I have the mentality of being the best and no one could stop me. Many people have creative ideas and find new ways to trick the opposing players. Playing Basketball is very entertaining since there are endless ideas you can think of just with a hoop and a basketball. There are many reasons why I love to play the game of Basketball but I also love to watch the game also.

Basketball to me is overall the best sport out of all of the other sports such as baseball, soccer, and football. I also believe out of all these sports basketball is the best sport to watch on television. Basketball is very fun to watch on television because when you watch it you can take the moves you see the professional’s perform and add them to your style of play. I take many of my moves from professional basketball players and make them my own because they expand my arsenal of tricks. There are a variety of tricks the players perform during games it makes the games much more enjoyable to be watching. My favorite player to watch is Kobe Bryant. He makes basketball seem as a mere game for little kids. He is an all around athlete is still going strong at 30 years old. He is a big role model to many kids who enjoy playing this sport. Kobe can do anything he is a very versatile player and could get anywhere around the court in a blink of an eye. Bryant is the definition of all-around in my book. He knows how to play both sides of the game offense and defense. I look at Kobe Bryant as the ultimate weapon. I want to play like him as I continue to get better and better every time I play basketball. Kobe makes the game much more enjoyable to watch because of his acrobatic shots and stunning defense. Basketball is my favorite sport of all-time. There are just endless possibilities when it comes to the thought of basketball.

Basketball is a great way to get your mind off things and is also a great way to express yourself. It is a sport that can work your whole body. It’s a great pastime for any one and is a great way to bond with family members and friends. I see in my eyes that basketball is very addicting and makes you want to play more and more of it. Basketball is known as a good pastime in many people’s eyes but can also be seen as a passion for many others.

minihades said...
I love basketball

emy styles said...
you are the best best page

Jcole said...
Jcole, Decatur, Alabama
I love b=Basketball

Finkstein said...
But actually I love Football :D  

coco said...
uhh they talking about basketball not baseball..

I agree that basketball is a very fun and Addicting sport. I relate to a lot of the things you said. I think next time you should make the huge paragraphs more paragraphs instead of one.

L.A.L.Etc said...
L.A.L.Etc, Vail, Arizona

I can't be impossible - I exist! I believe what you ment to say is 'I give up he's improbable!'"
By "Big Bang Theory"

As advice you should learn how to be nice if you didn't like something then give constructive feedback and don't be rude about it. You can take  this helpful information and not care, but when you grow up you won't prosper in anything  if you act like a child.

hundal said...
tu sari umar pagal hi rehna

baseball is the best sport ever                                                                 second is basketball!!!!

IsaacCuomo BRONZE, Greeley, Pennsylvania
Basketall is an enjoyable sport but baseball is an excellent sport and a classic one.

kjeezy10 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

"Control what you can control"

Summary   Basketball is an enjoyable past time for people young of age and old of age.  It helps give you confidence, make many friends, gets your mind off of things bothering you, but also has some negative and positive side to it.   It is better than playing video games inside or sitting on the couch, and also has many different roles for every player.    Response   I agree that basketball is a great sport to just have and get your mind off of things because when I play it I’m very focused and nothing else matters.  I can relate because whenever I play it’s easy for me to make new friends and have fun, but yet at the same time I’m still focused and I try my best.  In my area, people have the same attitude towards the sport of basketball.  Whenever a game gets cancelled or a practice gets cancelled everyone gets upset because they love to get into the gym to get better at their game.  Also, if your team has the night off you can almost bet everyone will be trying to find a game to go see throughout the area, which just shows the love for the game.

alap said...
Well. Even i like to basketball too. But i m 14 and my height is 5.7. and shortest of my team. Even i think basketball is good. But i played this game a lot but swearly i donot knew any of basketball players name. Seem unlikely. Well thanks for sharing.  

LatinKingzJK said...
LatinKingzJK, Houston, Texas

Smile Now Cry Later ahaha

u r a idiot

LionsBlue said...
LionsBlue, Henrico, Virginia

Lion does not laugh
At Mouse now,
Now he knows.

I love hiting the ball and scoring a touchdown.

LionsBlue said...
LionsBlue, Henrico, Virginia

Lion does not laugh
At Mouse now,
Now he knows.

I love the sport of basketball it is just so fun to put a ball thourgh a basket

nicky said...
Hey! I feel almost the same way you are thinking. I love to play basket ball too. The best part I like in your story is when you say that basketball is the best sport in the world. I like basket ball but also I like to play other sports for example base ball or soccer or anything like that. I'm a little bit different from you but I now that you really love basket ball. Still it is different, I think your idea is great. Also I like Kobe Bryant too.  I think he is the amayzing player who tells us how basket ball is interesting. How ever I watched him at the stadium too. It was much cool than watching on the television! I still remember how he move and how he made me exiting. I think you have to go to the stadium too!  

GudjonHS said...
GudjonHS, Reykjavík, Other

"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can´t accept not trying"
"I have failed over and over and over again in my life...that is why I succeed"
-Michael Jeffrey Jordan

Hey, Daniel! I really liked what you wrote and you seem to be a great basketball fan like I am. What I liked most was that how much you care about the game of basketball. So, Kobe Bryant is your favorite player? I like him a lot too, like how he plays the game and how much of a clutch player he is. But my favorite players are Derrick Rose and Kevin Garnett.  I have been practicing basketball now in almost 4 years but I have loved this sport since I was in 2nd grade. And my plan in the future is to go to college in the USA and try to get a scholarship and be a student-athlete. So, if I do well in school, good things on the court and scouts from the NBA are maybe watching me I hope that I can make my way to the NBA. But what about you? What´s your future plan if you are going to move on in basketball? I play the Power Forward position for my team. And I know you think it´s weird but my coach sometimes lets me play Point Guard but I like to play as Point Guard. My strongest side as player is that I´m a very great mid-range shooter, also good driving at the hoop and finish, fine rebounder and a good defender. What about you? What position do you play and what´s your strongest side as a player? I hope you liked my comment and if you are trying to do the same thing that I am make it to the top in the NBA than I can´t wait to play against you in the league of the best players in the world.         

supi said...
by the way gud............................................

dude have some respect

ROBERT said...
WHY SWEETTY