Number One Team | Teen Ink

Number One Team

December 17, 2008
By Anonymous

Pass, set, spike! Have you ever seen beach volleyball? Girls are in bikinis all over the sand trying to get a point. Misty-May and KerriWalsh have won two times in the Olympics. They are the number one team in the world. These two make the perfect volleyball combination. They work together as one team. No team has been able to stop them. They are on fire! Misty-May and Kerry Walsh came here to Colorado. They came here for the AVP tournament. The tournament took place at Colorado University. They play all over the United States.

At the AVP I volunteered to help on Friday afternoon. On Saturday I worked all day. I shagged the volleyballs on the main court. On Saturday morning Kerri Walsh and Misty-May Treanor were playing. I actually got to see them play. I remember when Misty-May dived for the ball. Then Kerri Walsh smacked it and it when into the sand. The sand looked like it was raising by it self; it was the volleyball that lifted the sand up. After the game was over everyone that was helping went over to the volleyball players. That included me. Everyone went over there to get the players autographs. My AVP hat was full of signatures. When I went over to get Kerri Walsh signature I had to look up. She is tall. At the AVP tournament Kerri Walsh and Misty-May Treanor didn’t lose one game at all in the tournament. They won the finals against Annett Davis and Jenny Jordan. The first game it was 24 to 22. The second game was 21 to 14. Of course Misty-May and Kerri Walsh won both sets. Misty-May and Kerri Walsh have won 17 tournaments straight. That is 96 games straight without losing.

A little bit on Kerri Walsh. Kerri Walsh is 6’3. She was born on August 15, 1978. Kerri Walsh started playing volleyball in high school. When she finished high school she got in Stanford University. At Stanford University she won titles in 1996. She was co-national player of the year in 1999.

A little bit on Misty-May Treanor. Misty is 5’10. She was born July30, 1977. Misty-May is best known as two-time gold medallist in Olympics. (Beach volleyball) Misty-May Treanor grew-up in California. She went to Long Beach State from 1995-1999. Misty was part of the NCAA championship team in 1998. She was named most valuable player of the NCAA tournament. Here is something interesting about Misty-May Treanor appeared on the show, “Dancing with the Stars” in 2008. But she hurt her left Achilles tendon while rehearsing. Misty-May dropped out of the show to get better.
Both Kerri Walsh and Misty-May were on a show called, “CSI: Miami.” This occurred on February 2006.

I think Misty-May Treanor and Kerri Walsh are going to keep on playing with each other. To find out, you need to watch these to play. Next year they will start a new season of AVP tour.