Steroids and Performance Enhancement Drugs | Teen Ink

Steroids and Performance Enhancement Drugs

By IsaacCuomo BRONZE, Greeley, Pennsylvania
IsaacCuomo BRONZE, Greeley, Pennsylvania

Steroids and Performance Enhancement Drugs have always been in sports.But the sport it has been known to be used quite often is in Major League Baseball.Last year thirteen players were suspended for fifty games for the use of PED's. Out of the thirteen players most of them were key assets like Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees, Jhonny Peralta who is now playing for the St. Louis Cardinals but last year played for the Detroit Tigers, and Nelson Cruz who is now on the Baltimore Orioles but played for the Texas Rangers last year. So many records have been broken by steroid or PED users. Like the all time single season homerun broken by Barry Bonds who was a heavy steroid user. He also broke the all time homerun record which was held by Hank Aaron who didnt use PED's or steroids. Many fair player got their records broken by cheaters which isnt right because they didnt work as hard as the others to earn it. Hopefully these players and future players will understand that it is not right and not fair to cheat your way through record books and your career.

L.A.L.Etc said...
L.A.L.Etc, Vail, Arizona

I can't be impossible - I exist! I believe what you ment to say is 'I give up he's improbable!'"
By "Big Bang Theory"

Totally agree! "Cheater don't prosper." Great job using facts and not just your opinion. Also awsome concluding sentence!