Grant | Teen Ink

Grant

There are a lot of good goalies in Michigan high school hockey.

But Grant is something special.

He can put the team on his back, and carry them to championships when he’s in the net. Grant is a goalie with talent I have only seen at the highest levels. When you come down on a break away on him he takes up the whole net and his movement side to side is exquisite. He can back bone a team with not only his goaltending but his leadership.

Grant was a huge part of the Knights regional championship run during his junior year. The knights played two of the top 5 teams in division 3 and beat them both because of Grant. Grant faced around 65 shots during those two games which is 130 total shots in 6 periods of hockey. That is absolutely out of this world, a normal game usually has around 25-30 shots. He was facing double that and was under a lot of pressure throughout the whole game. Grant is a goalie who is a great communicator to the team. He has great vision on the ice to let us know where he wants us. If you listen to Grant your defensive zone will be a masterpiece created by Grant. 

When I first saw him play his freshman year I didn’t exactly know how good he could be. But he showed everyone in the state he was one of the best goalies there is in all divisions. This kid was something special and really helped put the Knights back on the map for Boy Hockey.

I am a 17 year old junior and captain of the hockey team.