2 Cramped Calves | Teen Ink

2 Cramped Calves

By blackhawks98 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin
blackhawks98 SILVER, Sussex, Wisconsin

They are the only ones that frustrate me. I am the only one who fears them. Two cramped calves with muscles bulging and sweat glistening like mine. Two who do not work too hard, but not too little. Two wonderworkers hand sculpted by God. From the track you can see them, but Coach just yells, “Run Faster!”

Their power is underestimated. They give explosive power and pop off the track with every stride. They swift back and forth against one another in perfect rhythm and ache after they have been working to the absolute threshold. This is how they work.

Let one forget this reason to work, they’d be in sync like a poorly coordinated dance routine. Ouch, Ouch, Ouch they say when I run. They work.

When I am too fatigued and too dehydrated to work working, when I am a thing against so many runners, then I look for cramped calves.When there is nothing left to look on the course. Two who finished amidst the discomfort.  Two who work and do not forget to work.Two whose only reason is to go farther and farther.