Chrismas Music Saves the Eve | Teen Ink

Chrismas Music Saves the Eve

It was about 5am on Christmas Eve, and my mom had just woken me up to start our day. Dad was still asleep upstairs, mom had tried to wake him up but he was tired. "Mom is dad still asleep?" I asked. She said"Yeah, he is." My first thought was he is such a Scrooge, sleeping on Christmas Eve morning, but I let it go. My mom and I started to make some food. We also fed the dog, as she was hungry.

My dog was having a total fit when we were cooking because she could smell the ham cooking and the rice boiling. We let her out in the house for a little while she loved the carpet. Sometimes when we dropped some food on the floor she became comet (the reindeer) and snapped it up. We where making arroz con gandulez and hamon con pina. Once the food as done we set it out on the table. At that time my dad woke up and went to work he bid us both merry Christmas. After the table was set we called my aunt Twiggy.

Once Twiggy got there she set down a tres leches. She gave the dog a good tap on the head. Mom grabbed some plates for us to eat. As we ate we started watching a couple of movies the first one was "Horton hears a who" by the time Horton finished the three of us had finished eating. The next movie was "Another Cinderella Story". At that point my dog was the ravenous beast.

After Cinderella we couldn't figure out what to watch. Then I spotted some musical instruments. So until midnight the three of us sang Feliz Navidad, Saludos, Saludos, Dame la Mano Paloma, and Con Mi Burrito Sabanero. At midnight we opened gifts and put on our new pj's. After that we where tiered and went to bed on my gymnastics mat.