Journal Entry | Teen Ink

Journal Entry

October 17, 2016
By Anonymous

Money isn't usually a problem at all. But my mom has been going to Nursing school twice a week, so on those days she doesn't make much money. She only has 13 months left until she's a nurse. So by next year she will be making a lot more. Lately my mom has been more stressed because of my sister. She has been nutty lately. Going to therapy, getting into smoking weed, getting drunk at parties. My mom is always down around her. It's a lot of yelling. Especially when my mom found a homemade bong made out of a water bottle and tin foil in your daughters room. Her so called “friends” are getting out of the picture now. They are all drunk at parties or doing acid somewhere. She is starting to ditch them now. She is getting better friends. Real ones. I'm happy to hear that. I met one of the new friends the other day. She is naturally hyper. My sister laughed 90% of the time she was over. Things are getting better for her.


“Dude… give it back to me it's not yours!”
“Haley whatever you can’t tell me what to do!”

That is what most of my sister and I’s conversations consist of. It’s weird because apparently I used to like her. But I’m not exactly a fan anymore. My sis does like me and tries to hug me all the time but I cringe because I’m not a “lovey” or emotional person. Except for when I watch my tv series on netflix like grey’s anatomy. My mom says I will grow out of it and I’m sure I will. I’m just not into the hugs. My relationship with my sister isn't very nice. If she is mean to me, I will be mean back. That is just how it goes. My mom worries about her all the time and she shouldn't have to worry about that on top of school and work.


The author's comments:

This story is about my family and my life