Those Three Words You Want to Hear | Teen Ink

Those Three Words You Want to Hear

By WendyComRad BRONZE, Mcgregor, Minnesota
WendyComRad BRONZE, Mcgregor, Minnesota

I am AWESOME, Unicorns are AWESOME, so therefore I AM A UNICORN!
-INTERNET

I stare. The very moonlight that makes her hair glow makes her eyes are sparkling, searching, wondering in my own brown ones, . Her small mouth pressed into a straight line, waiting for my answer. I don’t know the answer. Slowly, but eventually, I break my gaze. Hopefully she didn’t notice me staring. She probably did, by the way she is smiling.

I would be crazy to say my own sister is not amazing. She is fantastic! She draws as if it is words on a page, her writing, OH! It as if she is telling the story to you in person. Her well kept long, brown hair, so similar to my own, shines when she moves, no matter the light. Her eyes sparkling with intelligence and curiosity. I would be crazy not to love her. She, in my eyes is the perfect person. And getting such a shocking compliment from her, there are no words.

After a few moments, I once again lock gazes with my sister. How could she think that of me? Why would she think that? She… is she on drugs or something? Finally, I spoke, it seemed so lousy compared to what she had to say. But that was also sincere. She smiled. And gave me a hug, and climbed off my bed and onto hers.

It was the shortest, most meaningful conversation I have ever had with her, and I still think about it.

~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~      ~

“You know? You’re so brave. Braver than me.”

“Thanks.”

I AM NOT IN LOVE WITH MY SISTER! I know you will be reading this, sis. I LOVE her like a younger sister would. This is how much I admire her. I LOVE YOU, Sis!