My Universe | Teen Ink

My Universe

By aheffron224 BRONZE, Mattawan, Michigan
aheffron224 BRONZE, Mattawan, Michigan

Ah, The Imagonist, the one who created his own Universe, is my very own creation.  Before I go any further with my creation, The Imagonist, I should introduce myself.  My name is Alex, my personality varies from different things time to time again but here is a little description.  I’m quiet and am a huge introvert.  There, how was that? 

Ok anyway, I have dark brown hair with highlights.  Uhh, I have, hmm, oh I have a awesome AC/DC shirt on, I am irregularly tall for my age (not said by me), i’m wearing glasses, and right now i’m wearing jeans.  Well now that we got that out of the way, now I can talk about my creations, my journals, and everything inbetween. 
First I want to talk about my first journal, The Hero Guide.  Since I knew that knowledge is power, and the true place to get knowledge is books, and I had all these ideas going through my head, I decided to put them in a journal.  Usually I am thinking of new ideas, seeking to find new stories in my head, and finding something in my head that is surely worth while, to put in my journals.  I created this in the summer of 2014.  With 175 pages of pure creative writing, kinda sucky drawings, and a lot of love.  I know this is going to sound kinda nutty but, the journal is like my baby, and if anyone would ruin it, i’d be crushed.  Honestly I put lot of hard work and love into that thing, it literally took me like 5 months to do.  This book stacked to the brim with characters, their backstories and what they looked like. 

Then immediately afterward I created The Villain Guide.  It was like walking on water, it was completely different.  It was different but, it had the same setup as The Hero Guide did, except it was made of entirely villains instead of just heroes, or protagonists if you will. 

Then I took a break from all the writing and drawing, but then came back to it a year later and made more books than ever.  Hand writing, hand hurting, I was on a role with the books.  So now I have made 4 whole books in total, and i’m working on a 5th book as I speak to you, probably, don’t really know how that works.  The creative books, joyful and loved, is my way of creating.  Anyway, then I got the idea, what if I share these creations with the world!  It was amazing, the thought of it was just so superb, it was now my dream, my dream to become a comic book illustrator and run my own comic book company! 

“How's it going?”  Asked the Imagonist.

My hands shaking, my lips quivering… what, how did you, what a minute how did you, but, but this is a narrative story.  You can’t just come in here all willy nilly and try to, well I guess you can now that I think of it.  But the I realized I didn’t need to be scared because he was my creation… then I felt like an idiot.

“Yeah I thought I would drop by and help you explain things better.  How does that sound?”

That sounds good, but let me introduce you to the audience first.  This is the Imagonist, one of my most iconic characters in my Universe!  He (right now) is wearing glasses, is wearing a black leather jacket, with a purple t-shirt with a giant ‘I’ on it, he is also very tall, and has dark brown hair.  He lives in this thing called the Lysosphere (also one of my creations), and basically on the outside, it’s a giant silver ball that can fly and has a circular door on it, and on the inside is a giant place with a cockpit to fly, and a infinite amount of rooms, since it goes on forever.  He is quite curious and creative, but a little dark at times.  The Imagonist, a dark and unforgiving man, can also be good as well.  I should also mention that the people in his Universe either are afraid of him, want to kill him, or they praise him.  His actions however, cause all those things to occur at once, he is super nice to the people that do good, and gets pretty mad and intense when people do bad things.  Of course those bad things would need to be wondrously bad.  He loves his Universe, and thinks highly of the other Universes I have created, like White Space, and that's the only other one but you get my point, hopefully.  So basically, he loves his Universe and wants to destroy all bad.

“So now that the audience knows more about me, let's talk more on this wondrous subject of your highest and amazing creations.  I’ll just be an example of one of the over 380 characters you have created, with their own distinct personalities.”

Well alright, like the Imagonist said, I have created over 380 characters, 380 characters, that even surprises me.  Now, of course not all of them are mine, a lot of them come from friends, family, and neighbors.  We have so much fun creating this Universe we lose track of the exact number of characters and places.  Now, i’m not trying to brag about this, but instead make you and other people realize that they can do anything, if you put your minds to it.
And with these creations I plan to create a company called I Universe.  The company is going to be a comic book company, and we these creations are just the start to my universe. 

“Well, I should probably go you know, I got other work to do.”  Sighed the Imagonist.

Well, alright, besides, we’re almost out of writing space.  So it’s probably for the best.  And just like that, the Imagonist was gone, and now I am just sitting in this black void, finishing up this story, just to go back to creating.
Ah, the Imagonist, the most powerful of all beings in any Universe, and he lives in my head… how wonderful.  I know this isn’t a long story, and if I could make it longer I would tell you more but, I do want an A so.  Thank you so much for listening and always remember to keep creating, and stay happy!

This piece is about my experience with my own stories and creations.  I talk about my characters I've created, and how many.  As well as inspire people to create for themselves, and to have fun with it.