growth | Teen Ink

growth

By cjlee8 BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
cjlee8 BRONZE, Tampa, Florida

When I was younger, say 4 or 5 my grandmother on my father side adopted me and my older sister crystal. From what I can remember I was living with my mom and one day I just started staying with my grandmother. Me and my sister crystal both lived with before my sister used to stay with my uncle and his family. I really didn’t think much of it at the time because I was so young but now that I am older I feel sad and happy.

My mother was messed up from a drug related incident and my father well he was in and out of jail so me and him never really got to know each other. Our social worker I forgot her name from what I can remember used to take us to see our mom alongside my mother other children. I missed my mom a lot and I cried every time people in my family even brought up her name.

Looking back on my life I now understand everything had to have happened for a reason. My childhood wasn’t exactly a walk in the park with my family drama and my stubborn nature, but I am spiritually connected to a higher power. Even now as I wright this I begin to cry because of all the emotions that it brings back.

I am almost grown and independent so I refuse to be stuck on the past, yes my upbringing wasn’t the best but I know now that it was all for my own good and I am still a working progress. Me and mother talk but she is still pretty messed up and my father and I barely speak to this day. My sister just graduated and is on to bigger and better things and I have goals that I probably would not have if I did not go through what I did as a child.

i hope everyone readong this likes it