Reflective Essay | Teen Ink

Reflective Essay

March 2, 2016
By 19ml01 GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
19ml01 GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
13 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Too many people say “I don't care” or “it doesn't matter” or quit when something challenges them. More people need to stay committed to their goals and follow through with their dreams. If people quit they will have no chance of achieving their goal and they will never know how it feels to accomplish it. If people keep trying they can never fail, they will only get closer to accomplishing their goal. If people quit they will never reach the goal that they have set for themselves.

In the future I want to be able to graduate a good college so I can be successful in whatever career I choose. Speaking of careers I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I have no clue whether I want to be a vet, pediatrician, an agronomist, or go into the law enforcement. The reason it is between those jobs is because I enjoy interacting with people, animals, and the environment. All I know is that I want to be successful in the career that I choose. By successful I mean being the very best that I can be at doing whatever i'm going to do. I expect myself to have a well paid job so that I can have nice things and provide for my future family.

When i'm older, I hope to be married and have kids of my own. I hope to be able to make enough money so they are able to have nice things and have good opportunities in their everyday lives. When I say I want them to have nice things I mean I want my kids to know the value of earning the things that they want so when they get older they will know how to provide for themselves and their future families. I also want to be able to live in a good sized house and own a modern reliable vehicle. I'm not saying I want to live in a mansion because trust me I don't. I just want to live in a house that's big enough for my family to live happily and comfortably.

Lastly, I want to be genuinely happy and not have to worry about certain things. Those certain things are mostly money and health. I don't want to be in debt or have health issues. I hope that my kids never suffer from any mental health issues like anxiety or depression. I hope they grow up to be honest and trustworthy people and be the best they can possibly be. All in all I just want everyone around me to be more than happy and live their lives to the fullest.

My biggest goal in life is to be successful, happy, and raise a well rounded family. In order for me to reach that goal I have to always remind myself of it so I never forget what's really important to me. The 20% of the population that sets goals, 70% of them fail to achieve them. Just think, if more people worked hard and actually achieved their goals don't you think the world would become a happier place? Albert Einstein once said “ if you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal. Not to people or things.”