Goodbye | Teen Ink

Goodbye

January 22, 2016
By Mutt5 BRONZE, North Port, Florida
Mutt5 BRONZE, North Port, Florida
4 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
What is more deadly, a gun or your mind? a gun gives you the opportunity to kill but your mind pulls the trigger.


My trepidation edged slowly over me, as I sat alone in the bright, cheerful room, the smell of spices over powered the small room I was waiting in. the wait felt like like an intertie, but finally the door open the vet walked in and sat on his stool, My heart started to race, praying he brought good news about my best friend, However, he returned whit a blue folder, his eyes were heavy, he took a breath and explained the news the cancer has spread to his liver. The fear and horror nightmare of putting down my dog came valid, my emotions took over, tears slowly flowed down my face dripping off my cheek the vet handed me a tissue and ask if I wanted to see him, without a hesitation I agreed to it. The vet tech approached me, escorting me to him, I saw a horrifying sight, laying in a bed of pillows my beautiful companion, I sauntered over to him, at that point I was incapable to control my emotions, I collapsed to my knees weeping, I started to stroke him, I gazed into his big brown beautiful eyes you could see he was suffering, his eyes no longer lingering with his goofy spunky self, but with all his force he wagged his tail, and licked my hand one last time, no matter what he was always putting himself last, I stroked his short velvety black hair, as the vet tech approached me explaining the proses of putting him down I held him in my arms, as the vet tech walked around me holding is foot she admitted the pink poison into his vain. I told my boy how I will see him again, and how it all was going to be okay, I watched his eyes slowly closes, I felt the air escape from his lungs, The vet tech left me alone to weep and mourn my lost I sat there holding him sobbing baring my face into his fur. The pain was unable explainable, feeling like a million of knives were piercing, slashing my heart out. I rested on the colorful bed of pillows holding him in my lap, knowing I will never be able to replace him. I held him in my arm for an hour by then my tears were dry, I laid his limp corpse on the pillows. Petting him one last time kissing his head smelling the sweet smell of his fur. I said my goodbyes and left the room. Feeling lost and emptied I went home to an empty house with no one to greet me at the door, knowing I will never have a dog like him.