Personal Narrative-Berg | Teen Ink

Personal Narrative-Berg

By p41001 BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan
p41001 BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan

Crackling voice comes on over the intercom…  “Welcoming Rhythm dance center, I like you very much.” The pressure of doing our very best is so high. None of us want Mrs. Angela's disappointment.   
“Let's go girls,” yells someone from the audience as we walk on the stage. The lights are so bright you can’t see anyone in the audience and is just like white spots or a really bright room. The anticipation, nervousness, and excitement is killing us we just stand there wanting for our music to come on.
More yells came from the audience like our studio chant.  At last our music comes on. We were nailing everything the timing and facials. The beat of the music started to get louder and faster as we went through the dance. The dance moves were going through my head as we do them; what comes next? I got it run, run leap.
The stage was kind of slippery because it was raining that night. So we are coming up on a big turning section. This is the part were all nervous for because we want it to be all together. Here we go I thought as we prepared for them. As I came around my 2nd turn my foot slipped: and I fell backwards and landed on my back. I thought to myself why did this happen to me? Mrs. Jen and Mrs. Angela are going to kill me.  I got up and continued the dance. I got back with the group and ended the dance just like normal.
I got off stage and I got bombarded with questions and encouragement. I was still frustrated with myself because I knew I could do them and I didn’t know why I  didn’t get them that time. Mrs Angela came up to me and pulled me over to the side
“ What happened?” she questioned.
“ I don’t know it never happens,” I pleaded her. 
“ It’s not a big deal when we get back to the studio we will see what happened and practice them more often,” she reasoned.
Everyone watching said we did great and they didn’t notice it at all.
Looking back on that day I realized that I learned one of the most important lessons in life- perseverance.  I am still so proud of myself for getting up and kept dancing. That is so embarrassing to do in front of so many people. I was very surprised in myself that I kept dancing and that I didn’t just run of stage. Perseverance is one of the most important things in life and everyone experiences it sometime in there life weather it is embarrassing or not it doesn't matter you should just know that it is such a important part of your life.

This is inspired by my personal experience.