Love for the Arts | Teen Ink

Love for the Arts

By samanthaperdomo BRONZE, Johns Creek, Georgia
samanthaperdomo BRONZE, Johns Creek, Georgia

Remembering the first time i stood on a stage being 5 years old dancing, singing and acting was an ecstatic feeling. I me a lot of new people and performed in different places all over, it was really enjoyable to be able to experience that at such a young age and have all the memories of performing.

At the age of 8 years old i was standing in a line that stretched all the way down a street and around the corner with hundreds of boys and girls auditioning for Broadway's Sound Of Music. i didn't go there to get in, i went there to experience how a real audition was so as i got older i would know what to expect, i remember after 4 hours of waiting, walking into a big room with a group of 10 boys and girls my heart racing like never before my nerves began to kick in but i remembered to just breathe and relax, i needed to we’re all people the worst they could do was say no, after all the experience is why i went. I would do it in a heartbeat again. I'm so thankful to have a mom that pushed me. I became a part of renaissance international school of performing arts  at a young age and became a member of the dance and vocals company. As i grew and learned new things i became captain of the vocal intermediate company.

My passion for performing Arts grew as i got old i started to get involved in christian youth theater of atlanta. At the beginning i was kind of nervous because i didn't really know anyone or what to expect, but i made so many friends there, they were all so nice. I did a lot of shows with CYT to get even more experience for higher arts companies.

After a total of 9 shows i decided to take my performing to another level. Over the summer i devoted myself to the arts and joined broadway dreams atlanta, where i got to perform with real broadway stars, i learned a variety of skills  and perform in Atlanta's Alliance Theater.

on top of out of school performing arts companies i joined chorus in middle school and kept going through high school. I traveled with my school to compete against other schools, i loved it. Performing Arts was my safe place for me to express what i felt in that moment.  Falling in love with an activity is a part of life everyone does something that makes them feel overjoyed, it's a passion to them like performing arts is a passion of mine. I use to get nervous and feel anxiety when i had to speak in front of people. The Arts has not only helped me get over stage fright but it's helped me improve my social skills as well. It's easier for me to speak in front of others and i don't get nervous. To have a family support the way that mine does helped me overcome my fears like stage fright, and it's made me who i am now.

ive always wanted to share the experiibce of performing arts to others so that they might want to try it