My Polaroid | Teen Ink

My Polaroid

December 1, 2015
By Beyoncee BRONZE, Johns Creek, Georgia
Beyoncee BRONZE, Johns Creek, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My polaroid has so much meaning to me. I love it just as much as I love Beyonce and my phone. It’s unique and cool. They capture moments that you can have forever on a physical copy. I have three polaroids and my blue one is the one I carry around and take most of the pictures on. I really love having one because not a lot of people have one that are my age and still use it. I like being able to go back and look at the pictures and relive that moment visually. they come out small and it's about the size of a credit card but with an inch left of space to write things such as the date and something to describe the picture.

I remember when I first got my polaroid. I got it on my birthday when I turned 15. I bugged my mom to get me one for the longest time then she finally surprised me on my birthday morning. I was so excited I even brought it to school that day. I remember going to my biology class and taking my first picture. at the bottom with the inch space I put “1st picture 3/16/15”.

I usually write the date on them but if I don't write the date I will just describe the picture or what was going on in the picture. In 80 years I want to look back at them and remember how fun the moment was.


Having a polaroid is dedication. The film for it is so expensive, it's 18 to 20 dollars for a pack of 10 pictures. I think it's worth it. I Now have a total of 120 pictures or somewhere around that number. The pictures are worth more than money. They will last as long as me and my great grandchildren will live. I hope my children can go back and look at them and see what a cool life I lived when I was younger.


The author's comments:

This artical is bout my love for my polaroid.