You, Me, Paper and Pen, and Writing for the Girl I Love | Teen Ink

You, Me, Paper and Pen, and Writing for the Girl I Love

By Anders BRONZE, Lynn, Massachusetts
Anders BRONZE, Lynn, Massachusetts

About a week ago, I decided to partake in an independent English project. Me gusta escribir porque me relaja y lleva ha un mundo diferente. As someone who enjoys writing poetry often, I decided to create a series of poems and put them together in a book to give to my girlfriend as a gift. Lo que no me gusta es que este proyecto me va a tardar meses, hasta febrero. We often read each other’s writing and give each other feedback. Me encanta escribir para mi amor porque yo siento diferente cuando cosas están en papel. My inspiration comes from Lang Leav, a poet who lives in New Zealand and has three internationally published poetry books. I do not plan on publishing the project because it is meant to be a gift. Una diferencia cuando escribo es que me siento mas calmado cuando es para alguien o un proyecto para mi. Some thing’s I’ve learned while researching this independent project is composition and structure of writing and piecing together the book. The book will be an undisclosed amount of pages; however, the theme will be encouragement, journey, and reassurance. Nunca e creado o escrito algo como esto. Es muy diferente y estoy explorando nuevas cosas. The book will be handwritten, not typed, and will feature several chapters, or “parts” to help identify which theme is where. The structure will be a poem per page and can range from a single stanza to a single full page poem. The key when creating this project is several rough drafts and even a mock book to shift composition of poems and themes. O hala que e echo estoy correcto.

I did this as an activity of code switching while thinking of the girl I love.

Maggie said...
She was a good friend of mine. And she was a bright and beautiful girl and always talked about how much she loved and missed her friends back at home. Just know that you were never forgotten and always on her mind!