Him | Teen Ink

Him

As children people don't comprehend how life can change in an instant. I did not expect to be where I am today but it all started with one knock on the door and I knew my life was about to change. He was home from deployment. I was awestruck when our eyes met again for the first time. His radiant, bright blue eyes, his golden blond hair and a smile that brightened the room made my knees buckle. My body was stuck in place, numb. He stood so sturdy, yet relaxed. He was no longer the boy I use to play with at the pool. He was now a young man in the military with so much life in his eyes. His presence made me nervous, yet at ease. I'd never felt this way before. My mouth was so dry and my hands so clamy. My heart was racing, and my mind did not know how to comprehend what he or anyone else was saying. I felt it in my heart that my life would have a new direction if I chose to be with him. So, I took a leap of faith, and from that day, I'm glad I said yes. I'm going to be an army wife someday, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

This is just about what I felt like when I saw him (my husband now) for the first time again since we were in high school.