It Was One of Those Days... | Teen Ink

It Was One of Those Days...

By nikkinewton98 BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida
nikkinewton98 BRONZE, Ormond Beach, Florida

It was one of those days where everything seemed too good to be true. Pandora was playing only the best songs, it was cool outside but not too cold, and there was barely any traffic.  You know it's going to be a great day when you wake up to the smell of muffins in the oven, and when you wake up feeling rested after a long weekend full of homework and hanging out with friends.  Thankfully my usually, unruly hair was actually cooperating instead of looking like its usual red frizz ball. 
It was one of those days in which I successfully finished all of the homework that was assigned without being a zombie the next day.  Thankfully, my cat decided not to rub herself all over my black pants and for the first day this week I managed not to forget my lunch.  It was one of those days where my teachers were in need of a break just like me, so they decided to let us catch up on work whether for their class or for another.  It was one of those days where the teachers of my last three classes were out, so I was able to go home at lunch scot-free.
It was one of those days where I didn’t have any homework, so I caught up on the TV shows I had recorded.  It was one of those days where the 20 minute nap I decided to take was one of the best choices I’ve ever made; it was just long enough, but not too long.  Luckily, it was one of those naps where you wake up feeling refreshed instead of those horrid naps where when you wake up you feel like you just crawled out of your grave.
It was one of those days where your mom agrees to going out to your favorite restaurant for dinner and encourages ordering dessert, chocolate cake of course.  It was one of those days where falling asleep took no time at all, so for the first time since school started I was in bed at a reasonable time; which set me up for an even better day tomorrow.