Lacking Faith | Teen Ink

Lacking Faith

By Nelly_Nell GOLD, Bakersfield, California
Nelly_Nell GOLD, Bakersfield, California

'' For every dark night there is an even brighter day"

-Tupac Shukar

I swear if just one more thing gets put on me I just might explode I’m losing my mind. I have people on every corner turning their backs on me and if not that then I have family constantly passing away or getting sick. It scares me to think about what might happen next. I go to sleep scared and wake up afraid of what the day has in store for me. I try my hardest to just pray to you Lord but it’s just so hard when I can't here you talking back. I’m getting weak in the mind I’m lacking faith and missing out on the thing that I need most which is your word. I don’t know why everything is coming out this way. I sometimes slip and try to question you knowing that everything could be whole lot worse. I know it can because while I’m lacking faith people are lacking friends and family everyday because of the scary stuff that goes on in the streets. But, yet some of them still seem to keep their faith. To me that’s where I think it must be worse for them the fact that they have more faith then me but are missing out on a lot more on this earth because spiritually they have way more than me. But God I don’t know what to do I’m trying my hardest to be what you want me to be but is just so hard in this big bad world. When I go through things I try to do what’s right and just do what you want me to do so that you can show through me but I lack the needed faith. So God I ask right now that you help me to do what’s best for you. Lord please help me to here you better so that I can go about my life the way I am supposed to and minister to people for you are a mighty God that can do all things. Because God I know that if it wasn’t for you I would not be here right now that if it wasn’t for you I would have been dead and in the grave yard at 16 days old, for the devil had a plan to strike me down but lord you came and you stood in the way of his plan because you have a different plan for me. So God please help me lord help me to do what I need to do for your plan to be followed through.

This is something i wrote one day when i as going through a lot in my life and I had to stop and just talk to God for a minute and tell my tesimony through poetry.

courttneeylynn SILVER, Barnegat, New Jersey

"If you're not living the life that you want, you fight for that life." -Jensen Ackles

Wow, this is great!

ZJcancel BRONZE, Catesville, Pennsylvania

''I will love you for forever and a day ''

WOW you have serious skills good job.