Little Girl | Teen Ink

Little Girl

By Jania Osteen BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
Jania Osteen BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin

Every morning you made me breakfast. The smell of french toast made the happy 9 year old smile appear. Pure, sweet happiness. I always got along with you the most compared to mom. Deep down I know I was your favorite, since you favor me more than my sister and brother. I guess you could probably say thats why; because I’m just like you. In a good way and also a bad way. The things I hate are my quick temper, and the stupidity I have in math and english; are all from you (wish I could have gotten moms genes with that one). I wished I wasn’t just like you because it makes it so much harder to be told by my mom, “You’re just like your father Jania.” That’s what hurts the most. I get your same ocean blue eyes, head full of thick blonde curly locks (though now you’re bald due to balding early), amazan tall height, smooth skin when it touches the sun, the same goofy personality, open-minded, caring for others, were even both left handed, and always trying to see the good in others. Maybe that’s why I always try to see the good in you; because no matter how much you hurt me emotionally or hurt my mom by your words; i’ll always see the warm hearted person you truly are, even if others can’t see it. I wonder what life would of been like if I still had you in my life constantly. Day to night, constantly talking on a daily basis. Being able to come to you when I need you, but instead were miles apart, only a phone call  and seeing you 2 times a year is what I get. Our anger and stubbornness pulls us away, never finding the strength to let go of our anger. Its what draws us apart. I don’t wonder what it would be like if you and mom were still together, because that’s a possibility that’ll never happen. I know you think of me just as much as i think of you but I don’t know if you miss me just as much as I miss you. You've taught me to never depend on anyone, always just yourself. You’ve shown me to always hold my guard up; because you never know who can try coming and crumbling it all down.  I hate that i can hardly call you my father, but I love that no matter what; i’ll always be your little girl.

This purpose of this story is to show that no matter what me and my dad go through, we'll always love each other.