Ricky | Teen Ink

Ricky

By BCastaneda BRONZE, Arlington Heights, Illinois
BCastaneda BRONZE, Arlington Heights, Illinois

I want to thank my parents for not naming me Ricky. Although Ricky does rhyme with picky, which I am, I would just not like the name Ricky. I wouldn’t like to be called Ricky, Rick, Ricardo, Richard. Even though Richard is my middle name. Maybe I would like to be called Ricky if I was good at basketball and played for the Minnesota Timberwolves and had the last name Rubio. Or If I was a professional race car driver named Ricky Carmichael who competed in Nascar race cars going over 200 mph on tracks like Daytona. Ricky just sounds like a name of a person who causes trouble and doesn’t listen and that’s just not me. I’m a nice polite person who doesn’t get in trouble. I have a cousin Ricky. He’s a few years older than me. I wouldn’t want to be the second Ricky in the family. We would get confused by our grandparents! They would never be able to tell the difference apart. “Ricky lunch is ready!” my grandma would yell and then we would both go over and she would accidently forget that she has two grandkids by the name of Ricky. Thank you Mom and Dad for not giving me this horrible name!