The Day That Changed My Life | Teen Ink

The Day That Changed My Life

The day that changed my life is the day I sat in the courtroom and my judge said I was going into placement. I had kept telling myself that I wasn't going to get sent away to be put in placement. As I sat in the court room with my dad and mom behind me I heard the words from my judge "Ms. Hotaling is be placed for a total of one year for her actions."

I then realized that I has changed my life and my family's life too. It's changed so many things since a I've been in placement. Even though I've only been in placement for a month it has changed my home my actions and the way me and my family are both living. I'm working on changing myself for the better of my family's relationship. When I get home I plan on listening to my dad when he tells me things are wrong or things I shouldn't do.I also plan on working on how I control my anger. I want to not to get mad over the little things or fight people over no reason. I want to accomplish all of these by getting the help I need from the appropriate people in my life now. As of right now I'm seeking help with my anger, drug abuse, and also seeking the help my dad and Ineed so I can come home earlier then a year