The Worst Time of My Life | Teen Ink

The Worst Time of My Life

It is a nice spring day in the year 2001. The sun was out with a few clouds in the sky, but there were also a few rain clouds in the distances. The rain looks like the rain will be hitting us in about a minimum of thirty minutes to a maximum of two hours.  I was out side playing with of the neighborhood kids. We have been playing out side that feels like an hour or two, but in reality it has only been 20 minutes. We were all having a really good time when things took a turn for the worst. Now I’m five when this happened. It is about four thirty when the rain hit us here on this nice spring day in Morgantown. So we were all wet, but we were all having fun we didn’t want to go inside.  So one of my neighbors, Jack Miller, had a great way to have some more fun. His idea in every other neighbors mind was stupid. His idea was for us to get out his very old little red wagon. This red wagon was passed down from grandfather to father to this brother and so on.  So we did, but then he began to say
“ You should stand up in the wagon and I will pull you.”
Now Jack was ten years old and I was not old enough to know better not to stand up in the wagon.
So I exclaimed “ Yeah sure why not.”
So we started are plan. The rain by now was letting up. So I got up in to the wagon; Jack started to pull me. Well he took off pulling me behind him. Then, I fell out of the wagon. I began to cry and Jack ran and got his dad, who was a doctor, he also ran and got both of my parents.
Everyone had arrived, his dad checked me out.
He asked me “ Do you remember what you hit?” he went on to say “ Can you also remember what you were doing before you fell?”
I just kind of assume Jack told them what happened. Well I found out that he did not say a word to his parents or my parents as to what happened to cause me to fall.
I answered, “ I think I hit my head and my arm.” Went on to say “ well this whole this was Jack’s idea.”
His dad answered, “ What was Jack’s idea?”
I exclaimed “ Jack thought that I should stand up in the red wagon as he pulls me behind him “.
Jack’s dad gave him an angry look.
Jack’s dad then checked out the back of my head to find that I have a huge knot on the back of my head.
He said to my parents “ I think she has a mild concussion and if anything else starts to happen tonight. For example, she starts to throw up or gets dizzier. If this happens please make sure you rush her to the Emergency Room.
My parents exclaimed “ Okay we will.”
So I went back inside it was time for dinner anyway. I went in dried off, changed clothes, and went down and eat dinner. Well I began to not feel so well. So I ran to fid my parents and very winded I said
“ I don’t feel so good.”
They replied, “ What’s wrong sweetie?”
Before I could get out one word out it came out. I threw up all over both of my parents. So they rushed me to the Emergency Room. When we got, there they had me sit in a very uncomfortable wheel chair. The nurse wheeled me in to my very own private room. They nurse did the routine check up. Then my mom said
“ She fell out of a wagon today and are neighbor, Dr. Miller, said she has a huge knot on the back of her head.”
The nurse felt the knot, then called the doctor on call and said
“ You need to get down here the Emergency Room tight now.”
Two minutes later he was here, then the nurse said, “You need to feel this.”
The doctor then said, “ Order a CT scan and a MRI.”
So she did, but not even five minutes later I was on my way up stairs to get my CT scan. Well after my CT they took me straight to my MRI. Within an hour they had the results back.
The doctors said “ That both of your scans came back all normal.” He went on to say “ I don’t know what else we can do. All I want you to do is go home and get lots of rest. If you have anymore problems call me or just come on in.” as he handed me his card.  The doctor went on to say” I would give the throwing up about a week and still doesn’t go away call us please.”
Well that week went by. The throwing up only lasted about three and half days by that time I was outside playing again. For all the time I lived in that neighborhood I never ever listened to Jack Miller ever again. I also think no one else in the neighborhood listened to him too after they all heard what happened to me. So he lived his childhood in the neighborhood an quite lonely time.
It is now 2002; I’m now six years old. Since the accident I’m now in kindergarten and Jack Miller has now moved and we will most likely never be seen again. We have no idea where the Miller family has moved to since they have moved. We have also not spoken to or heard from them in over 15 years. Also since the accident I have a new sister who was born and I now tell her the story of the Miller family hoping that she will learn to never listen to a boy or a man when they ask you to do something.
From this story of mine I hope people take away the same thing I did. What I took away from my story is do what you want to let any one tell you anything different. It is your life not theirs. I hope all enjoyed my story.