Hartbrook Cafe | Teen Ink

Hartbrook Cafe

By Taylor03 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Taylor03 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

Waukesha County contains valuable treasures, but the most valuable treasure is the Hartbrook Cafe in Hartland. This small local restaurant holds thousands of memories for hundreds of families—including mine.

As a kid, my family and I would go to the Hartbrook Cafe weekly. It was the go to restaurant after sporting events, after church, or even just the occasional breakfast with grandpa. My family was here so much we started calling it by a different name—Breakfast Club.

Whenever we mentioned Breakfast Club around friends, they would say, “Oh I've never been there!” But once we pulled into the parking lot, everyone instantly knew we were talking about the Hartbrook Cafe.

This small, local restaurant is the go-to restaurant for many people on many different occasions. People go there daily for their coffee and to read the paper. People can get holiday pies, or people can stop in with friends to catch up over breakfast. That is what makes this place so great. It is located on Hartbrook Lane in Hartland, Wisconsin and is open for breakfast and lunch, seven days a week.

Breakfast Club is and will always be my treasure of Waukesha County. It’s a local restaurant that everyone knows about and holds everlasting memories for my family—and many more.