The Story of Kody | Teen Ink

The Story of Kody

By klace SILVER, Lambertville, Michigan
klace SILVER, Lambertville, Michigan

“People ask me when I start one of these projects, what is your theme? I haven’t the faintest idea. That’s why you’re writing the book, it seems to me, to find out. To me, it’s a journey. It’s an adventure. It’s traveling in a country you’ve never been in and everything is going to be new, and because of that, vivid. And don’t make up your mind too soon. Let it be an experience.” —David McCullough

This is the story of a girl named Kody. She lived the normal life of a country kid, raising horses was what she knew. To give her a better chance in life she was sent to a advanced highschool where she would start college classes right away. Never did her parents expect the pressure would tear her apart. After the loss of her grandmother, Kody fell and she fell hard. Soon she was sent back to public school where she was told to give up, she would never make it anywhere. The people who were suppose to help her to her futurte tore her apart while she was already down. So she did as they said and she gave up. She wanted to die, for she was worthless her only escape was into the computer and she hid in her books. Even they would soon fail her and the saddness over took her. She often wished for death but feared to outcome. Her parents tried their best to help her but even they were at loss. Slowly she stood, wiped away her tears and looked ahead. With the darkness pulling at her she fought her way towards the light, to her suprise she would stumble upon the extended hands of those willing to fight the darkness to help her they didn't fear the harm that it could cause them they only cared for her and with there help she walked into the light. With the warmth shining on her face she smiled a true and happy smiled for she had survived what she was sure had killed her. Kody was alive once again. This is my story, I am Kody and I want you to know even though the darkness surounds you there is light so please keep on fighting you can make it. I'll see you there.