Me and Racing | Teen Ink

Me and Racing

By Camman7c BRONZE, Santa Rosa, California
Camman7c BRONZE, Santa Rosa, California

As I grew up as a little kid, my dad had been into racing for as long as I can remember. Just a few weeks from being born, my dad took me racing. I always liked racing and when I turned eight, my dad bought me my own racecar. I ran the car around in the backyard for a little bit to get used to it, then I went to my first race a few weeks later. The race was awesome and I loved it ever since! Winning the first ever race I competed in is crazy, I still don’t know how to describe it. None of this would ever have been possible without the family I have that supports me through the whole thing. It’s not easy trying to work on the car during the week and still manage to get my school work done with free time in the end. My family puts in a lot of time and money for me to be able to do this, and I can’t thank them enough. My dad has taught me a lot on how to drive the racecar to go fast and how to work on it and maintain it to keep it going as best as possible. My grandpa is one of my biggest supporters and sponsors. Without him I wouldn’t have had the resources to be this successful in what I have done. No matter what has happened, at  the end of the weekend he is always ready to keep the car going and make sure I can continue doing what makes me happy. Since the day I started, I have now been racing for nine years and won a lot more races too. With six championships, I hope to continue to find success and one day make it to the big leagues of racing.