Full bags,empty minds. | Teen Ink

Full bags,empty minds.

August 18, 2014
By Vivi. SILVER, Karpenisi, Other
Vivi. SILVER, Karpenisi, Other
8 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Sometimes talking to yourself can be harder than talking to others.You might have to prove to your own person that you're wrong."


One more tweet,and I'm going to bed.349 tweets so far,just for the giveaway.
Okay,let me post the 350th .You never know,that can be the lucky one.
And all the things this blogger is giving away..I mean there's so much makeup,and cool headphones,and a camera!There's even a portable turntable!I could win this.

And that skirt she's wearing.I wonder how much it costs.Let me just google it,if it's cheap I definitely want this.Oh,ok it's 30$ dollars,I don't think it's worth it.It's cute though.But this bag,just look at it,it's a must-have.

Fun fact:I cannot buy anything.Haha.

So there's me,standing in front of my laptop screen at 5 a.m staring at expensive clothes for hours.It feels like I'm hungry.Hungry for purchases,plastic bags full of things that are supposed to make me feel better about myself,or just make my life easier.As if printing my photos on the printer was really hard and that's why I HAVE to get a polaroid.It's like there's a hole in your head that gets filled as soon as the wallet gets empty.

Once the wallet gets empty though,and finding a job in Economical-Crisis-Greece sounds like a ridiculous sci-fi movie scenario,it is really difficult for the wallet to get full again.So you'd better spend money wisely,you'd better stop buying,you'd better invest more money in paying for food than clothes and makeup and cool gadgets that other kids have.

Headache.

Is this real?So no new pair of combat boots?I was supposed to get the grunge style this winter.
Maybe it won't be that hard,you know,to survive on a 2012's phone and laptop,and 2013 boots.

In fact,does really the mind get filled when the wallet gets empty?I think it gets empty as well.When you come to the conclusion that you need all kinds of clothes to look good ,hen,your mind could be empty.But it's humane,we all feel it.We all struggle with the uncontained need to buy everything we see on others,even if we don't like it.Consumerism is all around.And well,it's nice to do things for yourself.But a 1,000$ Louis Vuitton Bag,isn't going to make you a bit better than what you already are.

Looking good is something that already exists but you can't really see.Just take off all those clothes and makeup.

Aren't you beautiful?


The author's comments:
After being so consumed on really wanting to buy things,but not being able to,I decided to write this article where some other quick thoughts are just presented.