Failure Turned Into Success | Teen Ink

Failure Turned Into Success

June 28, 2014
By AlwaysInBeastMode GOLD, Suitland, Maryland
AlwaysInBeastMode GOLD, Suitland, Maryland
15 articles 0 photos 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.


"Hello. Everyone and welcome back to school and for my new students that are attending have a fanstic school year."

"Welcome back students I see some new faces. My name is Ms. Jones. I am your reading and social studies Teacher."

"Hi everyone I'm Ms. Hop and I am your Math and Science Teacher. Here is a word search of everyone names."

I sat at a table with this girl with dreads, this light skin girl, and some other girls. I said whos Amari. The girl with the dreads said me. I said you wouldn't happen to have a weeworld. She said yes. I and she ask me my user, I said xxcutiepiexx. Weeworld was popular back in elem. school :) So Amari said isn't your name Mya. I said why yes it is. We gave each other high fives. We talked and everything but then in the middle of the school year I got moved to Ms. Jones class. Because they wanted to break me and Amari up. But I still knew people in Ms. Jones class. But this twin I didn't like. Her name was Shanya.

So one day Me and Amari was in the lunch room eating our lunch when all of the sudden this boy said. "AYE MYA KATHENINA SAID YOUR BREAST WAS FAKE". Me and Amari looked at each other. I learned over to look at Kathenina and she said she didn't say that. I let drama and he say she say stuff get to me so I fought her. I got suspended for 3 days. Then another day this boy(Suppose to be my friend) Lemdoard was trying fry me up. (Talk about me). So the twin Shayna started laughing and she started saying something smart. I always got in trouble in Ms. Jones class so I had to sit in the front all the way in the front. So I looked at her. I jumped on the other students desks and I was crawling on the desk to get to her and we started fighting and Ms. Jones jumped over her desk and she grab my hand and the hand she grab was in the girl hair so when Ms. Jones grab my hand some of Shayna hair came out in the front. Now I was 11-years-old and I was immature. So I started calling Ms.Jones b**** and I told her get your motherf***** hands off me. Let me get my f****** stuff. I was cursing like a salior. So I got put out of my classes. But let me back up. Before all that happen. Ms. Hop told me If I was her child she would do something to me. I TOLD HER WELL I'M NOT YOUR CHILD. I was smart and sharp in class but ther problem was my mouth when a person said something to me I couldn't just let it go. When I got put out of class my teachers had other students to send work to me. They pilled my work so hard that I didn't do it. One Man named Mr. Dickens said They trying to throw work on me because they know I won't do it and he was right I didn't do it. So when I got my report card I had all E's and D's and one C. I don't even know how I passed.

I attend a differant middle school my 7th and 8th grade year. My 7 th grade year was terrible and good at the same time. I cursed out teachers still. I even got my schudel changed. I curse my band teacher out because he kept saying slick stuff out his mouth. I cursed out my dance teacher. I cursed out my reading teacher. I threw Seeds in my reading teacher face because I was eating seeds and when she told me to put them up I said okay and I tried to finish them because it was a little left. So she tried to snach the seeds out my hand and end up scatching me so I threw the seeds in her face. I wasn't proud of what I did I just reacted when she did that. I was still inmature. Of course people was laughing but I wasn't trying to get people attention I was just being me. So I made honor roll for the first time in school. I had a 3.0 GPA. Everyone said how you make honor roll when you be cursing out teachers and fighting. Now I'm not stupid. I do my work. But as far as with the teachers they just be saying slick stuff out their mouths because they know how I react because my guidance consulor told me I had anger issues. Hmmmm. But anywho. I got into 2 fights in 7th grade. People thought they were going to try and bully me. So this girl Desnity White I remember her name like it happen yesterday. She kept saying something smart out of her mouth.

In Ms. Whitesides class I was putting the maginze back and she said something to me and I snap. So she said girl and I said boy. This boy in my advisor. They call him smiles. Was laughing. How we start fighting? Dang I didn't get there yet. But it was a half of day. Everyone was in the lunch room(7th graders only) Me, Crystal, And this boy manual. Sat down at the table because we just got finsih getting our lunch. Desnity and this other girl that rides my bus sat across from us. The girl that rode my bus said hi to me. I said hi back because I didn't want to be disrespectful. I was drinking my choclate milk and something happen between me and Desnity and she just called me a FAT B**** and I still drinking my choclate milk. But In my head I'm like let her call me a FAT B**** one more time and see what happen. So as soon as I heard FAT! I jumped up and I threw the choclate milk on her. She came around the table and she walked towards me and she swong and she miss and I stole her and we started fighting. I don't remember what happen when we was fighting all I know is that a lot of people tried to get me off of her but I wouldn't. All I remember is that we fell on the floor and I'm still hitting her and the 2 police tried to get me off of her. So they pinned me up on the floor and then the wall. So they put my hands behind my back. -how could you not remember the fight?- Well because when I fight I blacked out and when I did that all the stuff she did to me I remember that and that made me more mad I got suspended for 5 days but Desnity got suspended for 3 days. So then my suppose to be friend manual told me that this girl name Selena was talking about me. She called me a Fishy B**** and that she wanted to see me. So I ran into her in the hallway and I stopped her and ask her you talking S*** about me? She said no quick and I said she lying b**** and I stole her in her face. And we started fighting this boy named DD said My crush her. So I made her chest come out of her bra. Police broke it up. A dent was in the locker and everything. Now I'm not proud of me fighting but I fight when I needed to and in this situation I DIDN'T NEED TO BECAUSE I KNEW IT WAS HE SAY SHE SAY STUFF BUT AT THE SAME TIME I KNOW WHEN A PERSON IS LYING TO ME AND I HATE LIERS. So when we got into the secuity officer Selena had scatches on her face. So the secuity mad me aplogize which I didn't mean and he knew that. I got suspend for like 5 days. I haven't got into a fight every since then. End of the school year approach and I got suspended but I still graduated though. 8th grade approached and I really didn't have time for the drama. I haven't got into a fight or nothing. I did curse out a few teachers but it wasn't as bad as 6th grade and 7th grade. I've made honor roll 3 times with a 3.0 GPA. I got put into these classes(Something like AP classes). So I got put in there when the school was almost over. Before I got transfer me and my math teach Mr. Boom made a bet. The bet was If I make an A in my new math class he'll buy me a bag of Dortios chips :)

So I said "IIGHT" Which means okay. So I already knew what my gudiance consuleor tried to do. They tried to make me fail/stay back. But I wasn't going out like that. I did my best and I put in some effort. I had some drama. With friends and stuff. My 9th grade year it was the best year I ever had. I've made honor roll 3 times with a GPA of 3.0-3.4. I was mad because I WANTED A 4.0 GPA. But still I'm proud of myself. I GOT TURNED UP TO THE MAX, I'VE BECOME MATURE AND I STAYED OUT OF DRAMA. If my teacher would have never told me I wouldn't get my education I wouldn't have listened to ERIC THOMAS, I WOULDN'T GOT MY BOOK AND ARTICLES ON http://teenink.com AND I WOULDN'T BE SO DETERMINE TOWARDS MY EDUCATION.


The author's comments:
I was inspired by Eric Thomas to write this type of story.