I'm Tired of It! | Teen Ink

I'm Tired of It!

By KennaWenna GOLD, Topeka, Kansas
KennaWenna GOLD, Topeka, Kansas

"If your eye's could speak what would they say?" -The Book Thief

I wish I could say High school was clarity and didn't have any deaths or suicides, but then that wouldn't be dishonesty.

The year my sister graduated was the year the homecoming queen was raped and drowned five days after graduation. That left a huge mark on the school community. In the fall of 2012 a junior killed herself for some reason that I have no idea of.

Later that year, I thought no more kids were gonna die, I was wrong.

In February 2014, a sophomore died in a car accident that blew up in flames leaving the passenger injured, but not dead nor paralyzed. I was having a hard time with that one, because she in my grade and I knew her a little.

My school kept her in memory and moved on, but was in shock when we lost another student in April. She was driving back with her father from visiting Hutchison University and they died coming back. The sad part, she was a Senior a month away from graduating.

That next Monday I figured out something so strange, the girl who died before her, her last name was Hutchison and the girl that died was coming back from Hutchison Uni.

We had lost a Sophomore and a Senior this year, and when Graduation came we were ready to say goodbye, and we did.

The Monday after Graduation in our first hour we were all told that another Senior was killed that morning at 3:40.

After everything, I do believe our school is cursed! It's a scary thought, but who's next? How many more are going to die before I graduate?

I'm just sick of it...

It's a scary thought to think, "You might be next."