Our Everyday Fantasy | Teen Ink

Our Everyday Fantasy

By bruisedmemories ELITE, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania
bruisedmemories ELITE, Birdsboro, Pennsylvania

"When you're young, you can fly, but we trip on clouds 'cause we get too high" -The Band Perry (Song: Don't Let Me Be Lonely)
"Cause no matter what, you'll never be alone" -Lady Antebellum (Song: Compass)

We are outcasts in a world of perfection. We act like life is all roses and butterflies, but it’s not. The roses that exist in our messed-up world wilt at the slightest look. They see the hurt and anger in every passer-by’s eyes and play dead in order to avoid the slightest conversation of everyday living. As for the butterflies, they go to spread their wings towards the sky in order to pursue their dreams. However, they come crashing down to Earth instead as their wings slowly give out underneath them. Their wings fail at being wings because they can’t even allow such a creature to have the thoughts granted to us; thoughts that were meant to be a right and freedom to every last spoken word.

It’s world surrounded by a brick wall that sneaks in closer and closer after every mistake you make. Eventually, that wall will enclose you and invade your personal space. It’ll give you no where to hide and no where to run. There’s no way to route an escape no matter how hard you put your brain to work. It’s like the begging mouth of a gossiper trying to weasel out every single action committed by a person throughout time. That way, they can go and twist those words the way they want it to sound in order to make themselves seem like a king living in a world of servants.

And no matter how close you come to today’s impossible standards, you will always come crashing back down to reality and have that slight grin of joy snatched right from your lips. Why? Because we live in a world composed of unrealistic authors and no matter how hard you try to inch your way to the top of the perfection list, you will never make it. It is all one big fantasy. A fantasy believed by each and every living person who breathes the song of society.