That One Moment | Teen Ink

That One Moment

May 13, 2014
By Anonymous

All day you go through that same motion. You just keep wondering why you enjoy to do this so much. Always waiting to feel the adrenaline pumping hit, instead you get nothing. Frustration starts to overcome your composure but you just keep pushing through. Then you feel the long awaited strike.

You know it’s a fish by the way the rod bounces in your hands. You rip the rod and sink the hook into its mouth. You have just began the battle. Pull and reel, pull and reel, with every action you get more nervous. The tension get greater and it feels more likely to get away every second. You know that it is the big catch you want instead of just another fish on the line. You catch the first glimpse of the fish with the sun shining right off of its scales. It looks like a great white beast. The closer it gets, the harder it fights, and when it’s right next to the shore you feel it will break off at any moment. You eagerly wait and at the right time you jump on it like it is hundred dollar bill and secure the fish. Holding it in your hands it becomes official and not a lost hope.

After all of the hours of unsuccessful attempts you now possess a single fish though you feel like you may have caught a million. Even though you had one great moment you feel tons of success at the end because what is remembered is the one moment of success instead of the time you spent with nothing.