I lost you | Teen Ink

I lost you

April 30, 2014
By Huntyr_Skylar BRONZE, Hemet, California
Huntyr_Skylar BRONZE, Hemet, California
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To those of you in the world looking for a solution, I don't have it. But I do have hope. It does get better eventually, you just gotta wait a long time." -Hunter Hayes


I lost you. You were gone, you left me alone to fight by myself in this world. Why? How could you? After everything we had been through, why now? You were my strength, my muse, my reason to breathe. But what are you now? You are nothing, just an empty waste of space in my heart. I lost you. You left me. You promised me we would get through this together. You promised me that no matter what we would stick together. You promised me that you would never leave me. You PROMISED. But look at you now. I lost you. You left me. We went through everything together. From the highs in life to the very lowest of times, we got through it, together. I guess this low was just too deep. Too deep for me to keep you in my grasp. You slipped right through my fingers. I lost you. You left me. What did you think this would do? It didn't make things better. I have no feelings for anyone anymore. I am numb, cold, emotionless. I don't let anyone in. I shut them all out, close the door, and turn away. No one understands me. No one understood me like you. You knew me like a person knows the lyrics to their favorite song. You knew me like the back of your hand. But where are you now? You are gone. I lost you. You left me. We were the perfect match. Like a butterfly and it's flower, like an artist and their canvas, like a song and it's melody. One cannot live with out the other, but I guess I will have to now, because I lost you. And you left me.