A Child's Memories | Teen Ink

A Child's Memories

March 24, 2014
By Buble PLATINUM, Ammon, Idaho
Buble PLATINUM, Ammon, Idaho
22 articles 13 photos 25 comments

Favorite Quote:
Love and loyalty run deeper than blood. By: Richelle Mead


Over these last couple of days I've been looking back on those terrible days at The Christmas Box. I remember the day they came and took me and my sisters away from my Mother and Father. They were constantly fighting so they thought it wasn't a great environment for us. So they came and dragged us out of our home and drove us away. We stayed in this big building with a bunch of other kids for a couple of weeks. Then out of the blue families came and took us away to live with them for awhile. They thought there was something wrong with me because I couldn't speak so they sent me back to the Christmas Box and kept my sisters. I didn't see my sisters for a month. But when they came back a family was taking me away for awhile so I couldn't see them for even longer. The family tried getting me to talk but I couldn't. They said I should be able to talk by now but I couldn't. So they brought me back to the Christmas Box and told the people they didn't want a child that couldn't speak. I was able to my sisters after that but only twice. This cop guy came in and said he wanted to adopt me but before he could my dad came and got us. He told us everything was okay again and that we would be living with him. He and my mom were fighting for us girls but my dad had won. These days in my child hood were really sad and really lonely. Me and my sisters missed our parents so much. My two eldest sisters fought for freedom while me and my youngest sister cried and cried. We were to young to understand what was going on but I still new that I wouldn't see my mom or my dad for a long time. I wouldn't speak because I was to scared to. i didn't know what these people wanted to do with us. If I could go back in time and change what had happened I would. These days at the Christmas Box haunt me like a bad dream. I never want to go back there and go through that all over again. My life might be different if my parents would have never fought like that. I would have never went to that awful place.