Disney | Teen Ink

Disney

February 17, 2014
By Claudia21 BRONZE, Kewadin, Michigan
Claudia21 BRONZE, Kewadin, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

"Oh my gosh." I thought to myself as I was packing to go to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. "It's going to be so warm and the house has a pool and my cousins are coming and it's going to be the best ten days of my life!" I exclaimed as I jumped around my room in excitement. Although I wasn't excited about driving all the way down or having to walk all day long, I was still very excited. My grandma was going to be here in four hours so I ran through the house several times making sure I had everything because knowing me, I will forget something. "SEBASTIAN GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER GRANDMA WILL BE HERE SOON!" I yell upstairs to my lazy brother who was not excited and would rather stay home. He doesn't like roller coasters and he is only going because my grandparents already bought his ticket. Finally my grandma pulls up in the driveway.

Driving down wasn't as bad as I thought. The hotels were nice, the food was good and I had my headphones so I didn't have to listen to my annoying brother the whole time. My cousins didn't know we were comings so the plan was for us to surprise them. They were already at the house because they flew, and my grandma called my aunt as we pulled into the driveway of the rental house we stayed in. My aunt said my cousins were all swimming the pool. So I snuck into the house and changed into my bathing suit. I ran out the doors and cannon balled into the pool and they were so shocked but happy at the same time. That night we got all unpacked and settled into the house and went out for Olive Garden and it was really good.

The next day we went to the Magic Kindom which is like the main park of Disney. The had the Cinderella Castle and Main Street, USA. We first went and got fast passes for all the popular rides like Pirattes of the Caribbian, Haunted Mansion, and The Ariel Ride. Space Mountain was only a ten minute wait so we didn't get fast passes for that ride. It was an amazing start to my vacation. My throat hurt from screaming so much. We walked through the gift shop and I was pulled to these beautiful earrings like a magnet. They were stunning silver flowers with little Mickeys inside. "Only 9.95? SOLD!" I screamed in my mind. I ran up to the cashier and I was very excited. I felt it was a good way to buy my first thing. As we walked out of the store, I saw Woody and Buzz standing there. Blake screamed his little head off and jumped up and down in excitement. After we met Woody and Buzz we walked around a little more.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Yelled Alayna. "SPLASH MOUNTAIN IS CLOSED! WHY?!" She exclaimed. "They are doing repairs on it I guess." Explained my grandma. We were really bummed but just around the corner was the Mine Mountain. The wait time was only forty minutes. Sounded good to me! Sebastian of course wasn't having it so him and grandpa sat out. It was very hot outside, it was like 87 degrees. We were about five minutes in line and grandpa called grandma. "Yeah the wait time went from forty to seventy minutes." He said with sadness. "Well it's too late now." My grandma replied. She hung up. So we waited, and waited, then wait some more. Then finally we boarded the carts. As the the ride started, I freaked out. "Holy crap I'm actually doing this right now." I thought silently to myself. The ride was amazing and super fast. Although I'm not sure it was worth waiting and hour and ten minutes for. The ride only lasted 15 seconds.

"Ugh! I'm getting a headache from the sun! I need sunglasses." I whined. We all walked over the the sunglasses cart. "Twenty dollars! Yeah right! I'll survive for the rest of the day." I said. Meanwhile my aunt bought little Mickey sunglasses for my littles cousin Blake because he was also having troubles from squinting so much. Alayna and I were walking along and found a lunch place. It was crazy packed. We manged to get out food and find two tables next to eachother. I ordered a raspberry lemonade slush to drink because it sounded very good but it was nasty. It tasted like sour chemicals. So I went on with my day anyways and got a water from the street vendors. When I read the sign for the prices of the drinks, I realized how expensive everything in Disney is. A Smartwater was four dollars! They are usually only two dollars for the big ones and they only have the half size ones. They also had Dasani waters for two fifty but I don't like Dasani. After we finished watching the fire works we went home and went to bed.