Human Dumpster | Teen Ink

Human Dumpster

January 28, 2014
By CarolynRose GOLD, Ringoes, New Jersey
CarolynRose GOLD, Ringoes, New Jersey
14 articles 10 photos 0 comments

Plastic bottles everywhere. Enough bottles to wrap around the earth three times. Wall to wall carpeting covered in wall to wall garbage. Striped wallpaper covers the wall that was embarrassed of the mess surrounding it. Food rappers opened and thrown over the back of the computer chair. Cracker crumbs attracting thousands of ants. Bed never made, sheets never put on, top bunk never slept in. When you open the door to enter this room, a stale smell smacks you in the face and nearly clogs your nose. It smells as if the whole neighborhood came and dumped their middle school boys off into one room after football practice. Sweaty, preteen, computer lover stinky. Open a window dear god. Afraid to enter out of the fear they will be swallowed into a mysterious pile of who even knows what. A monthly cleaning time comes around and it lasts about five minutes. The floor is then cleaned but the closet is now un-open-able. A glowing blue shads the whole room late at night. Neighboring people cannot sleep due to the constant clicking of the computer keys. Click...Click…Click. This room is not a pleasant pace. You want to shower as soon as you leave. Who could this pigsty belong to? Who could be okay with living in a human dumpster? This place can make your nose throw up. It can make someone with OCD go blind. It can kidnap a small dog or child. An indoor dumpster owned by someone who has no shame in his palace.


The author's comments:
I wrote this "setting study" to describe an over exaggeration of my little brothers bedroom. I am obsessed with having my room clean and perfect, so his drives me crazy.