Patch Work Heart | Teen Ink

Patch Work Heart

By WingsForLily PLATINUM, Columbia, Kentucky
WingsForLily PLATINUM, Columbia, Kentucky

Think of how boring the world would be if we were all normal

Once we meet someone, they change us. Whether we like it or not, whether for better or for worse they will influence our lives and teach us a lesson of love, loss, or betrayal. The greatest strength and greatest weakness a human can show is giving their heart away to someone, but once you give away a piece of your heart you can never have it back, and the people in possession of all these little pieces have the ability to do what they please with it. Some people will keep warm and cherish it as if it was their own heart, others will get bored once they have played with it and toss it to the side of the road to grow cold and motionless. We too are the same way, our hearts are no longer our own, they are made up of a patch work of other people's emotions, feelings and trust, and how to decide to take care of them can mold them into the person the world will have to live with. Treat each person with the respect you want to have, maybe respect can grow into friendship, maybe friendship can grow into love until our patch work hearts have more warm spot then cold ones, and the people that show us affection can cover up the spot of immobility.