One Last Heartbeat | Teen Ink

One Last Heartbeat

By Mikimouse888 PLATINUM, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
Mikimouse888 PLATINUM, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

Life isn't about the storm it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Chapter 1: Part one
Her eyes were puffy and red from crying.
Sofia was driving home from High school. She was sixteen and had blonde hair. Her eyes sparkled in the sun. She had been getting picked on at school by two blonde girls named Olivia and Kaitlyn.

So the next day at school she brought a knife. It was lunchtime and she told her friends Moxie and Chloe to meet her in the bathroom in twenty minutes. As Sofia fast walked into the bathroom and wanting to get the pain over and done with. So she stood against the wall, took the knife out, and stabbed herself in the stomach. As she screamed inside in pain. She slowly slid down the wall.

As puddles of blood dripped down her body she gasped for air. Finally Moxie and Chloe walked into the bathroom and squealed in fear. The Principal heard the scratchy noise coming from down the hall. As she rushed down the hallway. Sophia's boyfriend Max went into the bathroom after hearing that it was Sofia. Everyone put down their food and ran into the hallways and crowded around like a herd of cattle.

Max wailed “why did you do this, I love you?” Moxie and Chloe tried to pull him away, but he was too strong and broke through them. He made his way back over by Sofia and sat on the floor by her. He grabbed her hand and squeezed it tightly. He looked into her eyes and kissed her on the cheek. As the firefighters and doctors piled over the crowd. The first two doctors had a gerdy and rolled it into the bathroom. They put Sofia on it and rolled her out of the bathroom with Max on the side of the gerdy. Sofia wouldn’t move. The doctors made sure she was tied down. Everyone gasped as she was pushed down the hallway. When they left there was a moment of silence.

Ever since she was taken, no one talked about it at school and if they did they would cry. Even the people who were mean to her and didn’t necessarily liked her. When Kaitlyn went home that night she felt so bad. She walked into her house, ran up to her room, and cried until she couldn’t breathe anymore. Her mom walked up to her room and informed her that she was going to the store with Katilyn’s dad and she would be back in a little bit. After she heard the front door close she went downstairs and went into the kitchen.

She went into the knife drawer and grabbed the biggest one she could find. Then she went back up to her room and grabbed a pen and paper and wrote: I did a horrible thing I bullied a girl named Sofia and she killed herself at school. She KILLED herself because of ME!!! Sorry mom and dad but I have to be punished. Then she taped it on her door, thinking about what happened to Sofia.

She made sure her door was unlocked. She sat in front of her closet as she cried. From her crying the knife was shaking in her big hand. She counted down 3,2,1 and she jabbed the knife into her heart. She knew that if she stabbed herself in the heart that she couldn’t be saved. The front door opened.

“Kaitlyn” her mother screamed. No answer. So Kaitlyn's mom went up to her room and read the note.”OH MY GOD HUN!” she screeched. Lenny, Caitlin's dad, came up and saw his wife in Kaitlin's room sitting next to her body. He took his wife by the hand and pulled her out of the room closing the door behind them.

This is my first "story" so It's not as good as my others.