Under the Boardwalk in Juno Beach | Teen Ink

Under the Boardwalk in Juno Beach

By JenJen97 BRONZE, Islip, New York
JenJen97 BRONZE, Islip, New York

The smell of fresh seaweed that just washed up on the sandy shore line, sends a salty breeze from underneath my feet. I stand underneath a wooden dock, that stretches far out into the ocean. I can hear fishermen’s rough voices above, getting their hooks ready for the the next line. With a bag full of wet seashells in my hand, I close my eyes and take a deep breath in, and then out. The sound of crashing waves, and hungry seagulls snagging people’s snacks fill my ears. The salty taste of water on my lips, and the warmth on my sun-kissed skin sends a shiver up my spine. Opening my eyes, I see and feel the cold rush of the ocean water tickle my sandy toes. Standing underneath the docks, and looking far out into the sea makes me smile. The scene looks like something off the default setting of your computer’s home screen; almost too perfect to actually exist. But it does, in Juno Beach Florida.

I went to Juno Beach Florida a few years ago with my family on vacation. While on the beach my mother and I walked down to where the boardwalk was. Underneath there, the sights and smells were unrealistically amazing. Enjoy :)