Sticks and Stones, Glass and Heads, | Teen Ink

Sticks and Stones, Glass and Heads,

By mangopaws BRONZE, Lakewood, Colorado
mangopaws BRONZE, Lakewood, Colorado

I was a good-looking kid. I never felt, like, dorky. I was just like, 'Yup, these are my braces. I've had them forever.'-emma stone

Sticks and stones may break your bones but glass will cut you head open. Yep sounds about right, I never thought glass would cut my head open, But then again...I never thought sticks and stones could actually break your bones... hmm. I was 14 years; it was New Year’s Eve. I always thought New Year’s Eve was supposed to be fun and carefree, that’s what my New Year’s Eve was like, well... until 20 minutes till the clock struck 12. Smelling the food we cooked, and the shiny glass our drinks were in, tempting us to take a sip. And the laughter of two best friends, celebrating the new years with the music old people hated, jokes that only made sense to us, The TV in the background that we would occasionally watch.

Searching through music videos I saw this fan made video “omg I found this A-M-A-Z-I-N-G video of one direction, want to watch it?”
“Sure let’s see those one direction boyyyssss” Ally said. Than 11 minutes into the video *cling bam* I had hit my head on the champagne glass, I was using to drink a sparkling drink out of. “What just happened?”

I didn’t feel anything, no pain, or blood (for a few seconds) or any sign I was injured, the only feeling I had was my whole head was numb. Well I was laughing that I broke a glass cup with my head, I mean it was pretty cool for like 2 seconds!

*Ally was laughing on the floor* “ha-ha... um KYLIE?!!!
“Yeah, what?”
“YOU’RE HEADS BLEEDING”
Drips of blood ran down my face, as if they were racing to the bottom. The blood went everywhere, on my face, onto my clothes, the laptop, the cup I broke it was like a bloody massacre. Have you ever worn contacts then had blood run into your eyes? Everything’s a shade of red, it was pretty cool!
Ok so while this was happening, this is what i was thinking in my head “ok keep cool, don’t cry, don’t get blood on the carpet, Smile, act like everything’s ok, I’m ok, yeahhhh I won’t die, just a little blood... all over the place! Ha-ha I can't believe I broke a glass with my head... seems legit.
“Harry and the pussy cats”
“You mean, Harry cats:” said the computer, I died laughing. Ally was on the floor somewhere to the left of me, she couldn't catch her breath. Life as just so funny at the moment, half the things we were laughing about weren’t even that funny!
Ally would not stop laughing, neither could I. My stomach had the pain of getting punched from laughing so hard. So I was moving back and forth while laughing, and then next thing I knew, *bam* there was just a broken cup sitting there, so I couldn't help but laugh seeing that cup. Ally didn't miss the chance of laughing about it too. We were laughing together but ally was laughing on the floor because she fell of her chair earlier, then she sprang into action when she looked at my face, I knew it was serious once she said to go to the bathroom and get a band aid with her. She then, went and told her mom. Her mom looked at me and pushed me and Ally to the side, for she was working her mom magic, we put just a simple band aid on. Then after I cleaned up and got all the blood off of me (mostly) I called my mom and i could barely talk, i was scared, i was hurt, i was confused. I asked her if I should stay over there or go home. She said she would pick me up and would be there as fast as she can. I didn't argue with her. So Ally and I just sat on the couch waiting for her, I was starting to get the pain in my head so I wasn’t very much fun. I left Ally’s house, I was kind of sad to leave but all I needed was my bed and pillow at the moment.

So as I got home my parents made the decision not to take me to the hospital. And then they realized that they didn’t have any band aids. Of course they didn’t. So my mom ran to the store and bought a first aid kit. When she finally returned home I was sitting on my bed, watching the TV minute till Midnight. My parents put this weird band aid on called a butterfly stitch. I didn’t like the butterfly stitch very much, it pushed my skin together and gave me the great pain of a headache. I had to wear the butterfly stitch for 2 weeks after that. It was not the cutest thing ever, it wasn’t cute at all! a big band aid on my face = NOT FUN!

Looking back on New Year’s Eve, I learned that hitting glass on your head... is not fun at all! I also learned that my best friend was there for me the whole time, bloody or not bloody, that night I learned I could trust my bestfriend no matter how dumb I can be sometimes. And the way this experienced changed me? Well now I have a scar above my right eye, it’s pretty cute if you ask me! Well that’s the fascinating story about how sticks and stones may break your bones but glass will cut you head open.

True facts mannnn