The Horrible Night | Teen Ink

The Horrible Night

By rhardesty2 BRONZE, Wyandotte, Oklahoma
rhardesty2 BRONZE, Wyandotte, Oklahoma

“Am I dreaming”, I thought. “What is happening? Oh, God, please help me!” I was so confused. Did I really just hit a truck? I had so many questions, but I knew one thing: I had to get out of this car.

It had been a long day for sure. With school and work I was stressed out and it was only Monday. I needed to get home so I could do my homework and get some rest.

I was on my way home when suddenly I had no clue what was happening. At first, I thought I was dreaming. Then I put two and two together. For the past couple of weeks, I had been getting dizzy spells and they were getting worse and worse. As I was driving home, I had blacked out and caused a wreck.

I had to get out of the car before someone came down the road and hit me. I tried opening my door, but it would not budge. I thought I might be able to get out through the window, but it would not work. I tried the door again. I used all my strength and pushed as hard as I could. It opened a little. I sucked in as much as I could and willed myself to be tall and lean. I was out!

I was freaked out. What would my parents say? How was I going to get to and from school and work? Would I lose my license? Am I all right or am I injured? Is the person I hit all right? These are just a few of the numerous questions that went through my mind instantaneously.
As I began to focus, I knew I needed to call my parents. Thankfully, people began to stop. A man came up to me and was calling 911. He asked me if I was all right and kept trying to get me to lie down, but I did not want to. He was starting to annoy me. I stood up repeating that I was fine. Once he finally believed me, I turned towards the road and examined my car and the vehicles passing by, lining up, and pulled over.

I heard a familiar voice yelling out my name. I looked up as fast as I could. It was my brother. I hollered out his name. After he parked, he crossed the road and came to me. I was so happy to see him! How amazing and wonderful that my brother was on his way into town and was here at the exact moment I needed family. He asked if I was okay and wanted to know what had happened. I told him I had blacked out, and the next thing I knew the air bag was in my face, and my car was ruined. He told me everything was going to be all right.

The police, ambulance, and firefighters finally arrived. I was sent into the ambulance. The paramedic asked me questions such as “Is anything hurting?” or “Do you think we need to take you to the hospital?” I told her I was just a little sore but I thought I would be all right. She said I was very lucky to walk out of a wreck that bad with nothing wrong. I was definitely blessed that night because God, without a doubt, helped me.