first time i broke a bone | Teen Ink

first time i broke a bone

By jaimen king BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan
jaimen king BRONZE, Grand Rapids, Michigan

The first time I broke a bone was when I was nine I was riding a bike next to three people. Patrick was the guy that hit me with his peggs on his bike and it went into my front tire and it made me flip forward and land on my arm.
Then I got up from falling and my arm was bent and it didn’t really hurt but when i got home my mom started to flip out and say “Jaimen you need to stop riding bikes the way you do, you're gonna get hurt really bad”.
A few hours before I fell we were at family dollar getting some snacks for Patrick, Nathan,Brandon and I then we went through the trail in the woods. We were going really fast through the trail and we went in between to trailers and then we turned onto the road and started to go faster . I was in second behind me was patrick and he was starting to move past me and then I past him I and then I passed Nathan and I was in first so we went into an turn patrick took first then we stopped at Patrick’s house, and ate the snacks and drank some water. And after that we went into his house. The trail is at the old trailer park I used to live in kentwood. Then we were heading to my house on bike and then we were going kind of fast and Nathan and Brandon left to Nathan house and Patrick and i were going to my house and thats when we crashed.

After the crash we went to the hospital and got a cast it took a long time to get it and the third day I had the cast on it was hard to scratch my arm with the cast on. I hated that, a week later i was back riding bikes again with all my friends that i know that thats not a good idea but i love riding bikes with my friends. The bike I had at that time was a mongoose hoop d it was all silver and had black and yellow decals. The bike i have now is a dk cleveland its all black with green and purple decals and I just got a few weeks ago. I only got to ride it a few times since I got it I really like it its really fast bike because I put racing parts on it so it will go faster, I’ve raced it three times and won all of the races, these we not short races there the ones that you have to go around four different streets and come back to the place you started.
Two of three races I won money because I kind of knew that I was going to win those races, the first one I bet on i won twenty dollars the other one I didn’t really know if i was going to win so I bet ten dollars. after that i went to the mall and bought a jacket and my mom asked me “where did i get the money to buy the jacket” “I said I raced a few people and bet the twenty dollars you gave me”. and my mom smiled at me and told me that she didn’t like me doing that.
After I got my my cast of it felt so good because I could finally scratch my arm and use it. It was hard to play video games anything that you had to use both hands, and at school I couldn’t write because it was my right arm. Also what I loved was that the day I got my cast of it didn’t rain (thankfully). I rode my bike to my friends house and we sat there and played Minecraft on to different computers and built onto these villages that we found. We made a fence around the whole village and spawned a lot of zombies and they killed all of the the villagers in the village. Then we killed all of the zombies and then it became our village and we made a bunch of different houses and a tower, and when ever something spawned in the village we killed it. I love playing Minecraft but I like to ride bikes more than playing minecraft. Now I am more careful when I ride bikes.

i love ridin bikes