my first dirt bike | Teen Ink

my first dirt bike

By derek trout BRONZE, Walker, Michigan
derek trout BRONZE, Walker, Michigan

There was this one time when I got my first dirt bike, and I was at my Aunt Dawn’s house I was out in the living room watching tv with my Cousins Amber and Katie. It was like 12:00 at night. Then my Aunt Dawn’s phone started to ring and she picked it up. She was on the phone for a while then she yelled my name “Derek come here”. She said it is your mom so i took the phone from my Aunt Dawn. I said “hello my Mom said hi buddy guess what and” I was like what “she said i got you a dirt bike”, I was like really when. She said well i traded it for the car for the dirt bike. I was like what car the monte carlo, She ‘said yes the monte carlo but the guy who bought the monte carlo will bring it by when he is done working on it”. So the next day i woke up had some cereal and then my mom pulls up into the driveway she’s here to pick me up and she brought me home. I kept asking her excitedly I could ride the dirt bike when we got home. She then said gentle yes you can but you have to be really carefully on it. I replayed back ok and one more thing who’s all at the house, She said Your sister and Steve plus Brandon. I replayed grumpy is Brandon riding the dirt bike. My Mom replayed back “ya i think so why”, I said because I wanna ride the dirt bike. We pull up in the driveway the dirt bike was parked down by the garage. I hurryed out of the car ran to the dirt bike I started it up and as soon as I drove off the wind was so darn cold. After a few laps around the yard, My little brother Brandon came out he asked can I ride now, I replayed back at him yes can I just go around the yard one more time so i can hit the jump. Yes I guess go fast so I can get my turn ok. So when Brandon got on the dirt bike he took off like there was no tomorrow,. So i went inside to get something to eat i made a sandwich a peanut and jelly sandwich. Then when I walked outside and there was the dirt bike off and sitting by the garage. I asked Brandon why is the dirt bike off, “he said because it is your turn to ride the Dirt bike but by the time i started it up my mom came out and said “Its time to eat so Steve, and Brandon and I went in to eat. Then after we were done eating Brandon and I asked if we could ride the dirt bike Steve and my Mom Said said “yes you can but be really carefull because you dont have a helmet yet”. So Brandon and I run to the dirt bike I started it up and took off really fast. So then the day started to end. Of course me and brandon are still riding the dirt bike. Before the day had ended Brandon and I made a jump then me and him tested out it was pretty cool making the jump with my cool little brother. Then we had to go inside for the night we were watching movies that hole night. The next morning I wake up and brandon is gone I go and ask my Mom she “I think he is outside”. So then I went outside there he was in the garage with his dad I asked him have you rode the dirt bike yet “he said no i was waiting for you have been sleeping for a while” O I said. So we rode the dirt bike once again and today his last day before he had to go to his mom’s house so we kept on riding because we wonted to have a lot of fun before his mom came to pick him up or his dad drops him off at his mom’s house. Then all a sudden Steve’s phone started to ring then Steve called Brandon over it was his mom on the phone they talked for a little while then Brandon said he wont’s to stay here at his dad’s then he hung up the phone and said Im staying the night I replayed back excitedly “sweet when do you have to leave” Tomorrow brandon said sadly. So we went to go get some movies to cheer us up everybody got to pick a movie out then we went home and we watched Brandon’s movie then my movie plus nicole’s movie then of course nicole went to bed and me and brandon stayed up a few more hours watching movies and tv playing the ps3 and the wii he played the wii and i played the ps3 and Brandon and I which console’s every 30 to 35 minutes then after two hours me and brandon went upstairs to get something to eat we made a peanut and jelly sandwhich and we ate out in the living room. Brandon and I were fighting over what show to watch so then we fliped a coin I said heads i win tails you win then i flicked the coin up in the air fliping anxiously. Then I cought it. Before Brandon and I looked at the coin I said hope I win. I moved my hand touchy then the coin was on heads I won but then I let brandon pick the show Brandon and I got real tired so we said it’s time to go to bed. I truned off the tv and went to bed That’s how that day went.