my great grandma | Teen Ink

my great grandma

By jessica1998 BRONZE, Walker, Michigan
jessica1998 BRONZE, Walker, Michigan

I remember a time I was at school in 7th grade and it was almost 6th hour I got called down to the office. The school secretary said” your mom is going to pick you up after school. I went back to my 6th hour I got all my work done and it was time to go. So my mom was sitting in the car waiting for me. I got in the truck and my mom said” your great grandma died a few hours ago “ I thought no that couldn’t have happen when I was in school no why my great grandma. I said” to my mom you could have came and got me”.

The next day I came to school crying and Buffy and Kacie asked what’s wrong. I said” my great grandma died and my great grandma Hoekema was a awesome great grandma ever. She was fun she played games with the kids like Yahtzee,Life,and card games and a lot of other games.
A few days after that I missed a day of school for her funeral and I didn’t start cry until the end. I got a picture of me and her at my grandmas it’s so cute that I will never get rid of it. My great grandma Hoekema was my grandpas mom. She was loving,kind and a nice person if you met her you would like her.

At the church her sons and daughters said something’s they remember about her when they were little. Then the family went to eat lunch then we to her grave. She used to call me my mom’s name.

Everyone loved her and still do. She is probability is thinking I love you too jess and all the kids and me did have fun. I still sometimes cry but then I think she is in a better place now. I still love her and miss her no matter what there is nothing or nobody who can replace her because she was the one that would bring cool christmas presents to me and the other kids and she was a awesome great grandma.

i wrote it because i like this story