Defeating the Rain | Teen Ink

Defeating the Rain

By TyraD GOLD, West Helena, Arkansas
TyraD GOLD, West Helena, Arkansas

Never limit yourself to what you think is beyond your reach.

I don't like the rain. The sky is dark, the day is dull, and when i walk outside my hair gets wet. It drenches me in frustrations and turmor.I have no way of controlling it.It beats against pain on top of pain. It beats against the way that i cry in situations because i haven't learned to be strong like my mother is.It beats against the fact that it knows that I let what people say get in my head and let them bury me into a deep hole, so deep i can't dig my self back out. It beats against the fact that it knows that its got me.But that's were you went wrong.Today you will call me names like nothing and nobody and i want let them get in my head, instead and will just laugh and respond by saying underachiever. You see rain, i am somebody.and tomorrow i will be at a level above you.and i will let all my haters know the reason they're hating on me is because they don't like what they see when they look in the mirror.i will be the one that stands up tall an says i will i shall overcome that rain.I will be the next Pattie La belle because no one will be able to touch me, will be able to reach my level.I will come out on top.Come out on top of everybody that said i was nothing.Come out on top of everybody that said i wouldn't become anything in my life. Come out on top of everyone one who said i was just another girl in the ghetto who would become just like her mother.and i will beat you rain.Nd you will be in the corner with a stupid look on your face.I hate you rain.Rain i have defeated you.

I WAS INSPRIED BY MY MOM BEACUSE SHE ALWAYS SAYS I DONT LIKE DRIVING IN THE RAIN.