The Words That Make Us Who We Are | Teen Ink

The Words That Make Us Who We Are

April 10, 2012
By M_IML DIAMOND, Ganei Tikva, Other
M_IML DIAMOND, Ganei Tikva, Other
78 articles 0 photos 61 comments

The dangerous words are those that come too easily; those that come from deep inside you, those that never struggle to slip out – those are the words that will stab you in the back, will sabotage you, will twist and turn and say "to hell with logic". Those are the words that you'll regret, but never be able to regret completely; those are the words that will make you cry, the words that will make you laugh, the words that will cheerfully and single-handedly ruin your life.
Those are the "I-love-you"s. the "don't-leave-me"s, the "I'll never forget you"s; the "I-can't-do-this"s, the "please-don't"s, the "I-can't-stop-now"s. Those are the powerful ones, the dangerous ones, the painful ones that gouge into your chest and those that are like oil-coated butterflies, thrashing inside you until you let them out, until they slip and slide out of your mouth– unintentionally, unconsciously, irrevocably; impossible to take back.
Those are the words you love to hate and hate to love; the words you can't live with and can't live without, the words that make the earth spin around and those that make it suddenly stop in its tracks. Those are the words you'll pray to forget but never really will, the words that will be the regrets and the what-ifs and the deepest, longest lasting wishes and dreams and the strongest happiness, the purest bliss.
Those are the words you'll never think but always say; those are the words that make your heart beat wildly, your head spin, your stomach lurch, your breath hitch – those are the words you yearn for and are terrified of, those are the words that will stay in your heart and conquer your mind. Those are the words that define us; those are the words that make us who we are.
Those are the words you never told me, the words I never gave you, the words I never knew I could – the words I thought I wanted but am not yet strong enough to have.