Fish or shark... | Teen Ink

Fish or shark...

By Emjolie8 GOLD, Evanston, Illinois
Emjolie8 GOLD, Evanston, Illinois

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
-anonymous

It makes you feel a little unaccomplished when your fishing on the beach catching small fish every so often and the guy next to you is catching sting rays and sharks. You have to admit, it is a little aggravating. It's not like I am an impatient person, it's just sitting in the sun for so long getting no bites, no nibbles, and definitely no catches is exhausting.

Emjolie8 GOLD said...
on Apr. 9 2012 at 9:07 am
Emjolie8 GOLD, Evanston, Illinois

-anonymous

That is a great comparison.

CountryPopGirl PLATINUM, Lawrenceville, New Jersey

"You love someone, you open yourself up to suffering, that's the sad truth. Maybe they'll break your heart, maybe you'll break their heart and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks. The thought of losing so much control over personal happiness is unbearable. That's the burden. Like wings, they have weight, we feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens which allow us to fly..."
-Dr. Jack Hodgins (Bones)

So true. It's like when you send in a college application. You really want to go there. You keep waiting...and waiting...and waiting. Then, your friends get accepted to the college of their choice and you are still... waiting.