Dear You | Teen Ink

Dear You

By zobean GOLD, Northfield, Massachusetts
zobean GOLD, Northfield, Massachusetts

"A Good player inspires themselves. A GREAT player inspires others."

Dear You,
At first, we were simply just there; only connected by mutual friends and a day 14 1/2 years ago. As the weeks went on, we ourselves became friends. It wasn't too close at first, but it grew and grew. Though it seems hazy, I can remember both enjoyable and awkward times. A summer came and went without a sigh of each other, but we met up again and reunited. Again, I feel as if we grew closer and closer as the year went on. We hung out, joked around, laughed, and had fun. Now we're almost like brother and sister. I feel as if I can go to you for anything. Yet, newly found feelings have risen in me, and I must admit that I feel more for you then I did before. And though I will probably never tell you it in person, I had to say it before the end. Before I leave and not come back. I really hope that our paths cross again. My tears will fall for you on that nearing day, and thereafter.

Love,

Me

This was emotional and close for me. I wrote it in a journal. In the margin I wrote: "I may not know how you feel...but I know that I will never forget you. No matter what your feelings for me are.
The end should not be mistaken as death, and the 14 1/2 years refers to us having the same birthday.